Baby Names

Clover Clementyne Watson

I'm not sure if this was already covered on here or not but...

Barry Watson (7th Heaven) and Natasha Gregson Wagner had a baby girl on May 30th and named her Clover Clementyne.

Clover was inspired by Inside Daisy Clover, a film starring Wagner's late mother, Natalie Wood. 

What do you think?

Clover has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.  I don't mind the middle name but I'd like it more if it were spelled Clementine instead of Clementyne.

Re: Clover Clementyne Watson

• It's a bit of a mouthful to me but not awful. I agree about the spelling of Clementine, that Y is so unnecessary!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• ZimgerZimger member
    Clover is cute, not one I would use but it's okay. Same thing with Clementine...wonder why they put a y in there...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I kind of love it, mostly due to Clover's personal meaning. The "y" seems unnecessary, but heck, that's what mn's are for.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Clover for the meaning behind it, like the name Clementine (but despise their spelling of it), but do not like the names together.  Way too much of a mouthful.
  • I like Clover and love Clementine. Not sure I would have put the two together in the same combo. It seems like a quintessential Hipster name. I don't mind it, though I wish Clementyne was spelled with an 'i'.

• That name is hard to say!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLaurakat81:
    It's a bit of a mouthful to me but not awful. I agree about the spelling of Clementine, that Y is so unnecessary!

"Mouthful" was exactly the word I was going to use. It isn't bad it's just a little much for my taste.

• MN spelling is diff, but I love the name Clover. My favorite crochet designer Vickie Howell's daughter is named Clover.
  • We have a dog named Clover - I can't imagine it on a human. I like quite a few nature/hippie names, but Clover is over-the-top, IMO
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Not a fan of either name.
  • I think Clover is really freaking cute!
    I am with you, don't love the random y in Clemintine, but I think it's a good name.
  • I knew of way too many farm animals named Clover... so no.

I was kind of hoping they'd go with Natalie somewhere, but I guess that's too normal for Hollywood people.  They all have to one-up each other in the odd name department.

• Although I don't like the name Clover, I love the meaning behind it! Clementine is ok, but only if it's spelled right. And putting the two together kind of gives it a 'Sally sells seashells...' kinda feel to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mommy's Little Man
    Making hearts melt since 10/22/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pinterest
  • It's kind of crazy but kind of charming. It's the weird spelling of Clementine that really puts it over the top.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I subbed for a girl named Clover this year.  She went by Chloe.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I like the name Clover and I like the name Clementine (spelled normally without the random y) but I don't really like them together.  Then again, I don't really like names that have the same letter more than once.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Agreed about the youneek spelling.

Clover + Clementine together = trying too hard.  Although I like them both independently. 

• Interesting, DS1 took a tumbling class with sisters named Clementine and Clover.

Hate the Y!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"