Preemies

Experience with funneling cervix?

I'm 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant today with my second baby.  My first baby was an uneventful pregnancy with delivery at 39 weeks. DD is now 3.5 yrs old. During the anatomy scan for this baby at 20 weeks, she wasn't being cooperative and they couldn't get a good spine measurement. I had a follow-up U/S today to get the measurements.  Those were fine, but they discovered that I had a funneling cervix with a polyp at the base of my cervix that could be causing irritation. I've been put on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Got my first steroid shot today, another one tomorrow.  I'll also be taking progesterone and going in for weekly checks. The doc expects that I will have a preemie and his guess is that I have a decent chance of making it to 32-34 weeks. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and really hoping I'll be on this board for a long time before my baby girl comes along. Any advice and/or suggestions for preemie books would be appreciated!
DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Experience with funneling cervix?

• kck329kck329 member

Welcome! I hope you can keep your LO inside for many more weeks. Its great your doctor is monitoring you so carefully.

For books and preemie stories, check out our board's blog (link in siggy). You'll find books under "Life in the NICU" and our birth stories under "preemie stories." Just a word of caution though--some of the stories and books are scary so proceed with care. Its easy to know too much when it comes to preemies. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"