1st Trimester
Options

BFP but test line is not getting darker?

Hi Laides,

I got my first positive yesterday at 12DPO with FMU and the line is there but very faint, took another test this morning with FMU and it is still a positive but not any darker? I have 2 prior losses so I am freaking out. Anyone else have faint positives for a few days before the line got darker? I am praying this pregnancy has a positive outcome. Thanks in advance ladies!! 

P.S. Used the Pink Dye internet cheapie test both days

Re: BFP but test line is not getting darker?

• Options
    I would say to put down HPTs and get your betas and progesterone checked from your Dr. Sometimes right away the line doesn't get much darker and your blood work will give you a more solid answer as to whether or not this is a viable pregnancy.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    How many DPO are you now?  Your hcg levels double every 24-48 hours, which in theory should make the line get a little darker.  Did you use the same kind of test?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HPTs are qualitative, not quantitative so there's no reason to worry if the line doesn't get darker.  The darkness of the line has much more to do with how much dye is in the test than how pregnant you are. 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I had a faint faint faint line 6days b4 my missed perioid, and didnt really seem to get darker until the day of my missed period, and 5days After m.p it was darker than than the control line!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I know it's hard, but try not to obsess.  Because it can take 48-72 hours for your levels to double a super faint line at the very beginning isn't necessarily going to look much different 24 hours later.  Quantitative betas are the best way to know if your levels are rising.  If your doctors won't do quantitative betas, and you need to POAS again to ease your fears, wait a few days.

(Really I should advise not to POAS again, but I've been there and I've done it (a lot), so I'm trying to appeal to the less rational side that a lot of us have.)

Good luck to you. 

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options

I had many faint lines with FMU and darker lines in the afternoon.  I finally figured out that SMU worked better for me than FMU.

After peeing on every stick I could find, I realized that it takes a few days to notice a difference in darkness from one morning's test to another. Try to relax, I know exactly how you feel, as I've had losses also, and I know it's pretty much impossible, but please try.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This exact same thing happened to me. Try not to worry...even though I know it's impossible.

My lines didn't start getting darker until around 14/15 DPO (I got my first positive at 12DPO) and surprisingly enough, I got darker lines at night :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've found the line gets darker gradually. You may not notice a difference with two tests on back to back days, but comparing your first test with one a few days later you will see a difference! Good luck :)
    M/C#1-5/2/2009 M/C#2- 10/1/2009 BFP#3- 4/7/10! EDD 12/22/10 Riggs born 12/25/10 8lbs 5 oz 21 inches :) BFP: 4/2/2012 EDD 12/16/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took 2 tests and the lines were pretty faint on both, i had blood work done the next day and that was when it got a little more real. My fingers are crossed for you and your little bean :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Labor buddy to LaceAndLilies
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    My BFP's always stayed super faint... so faint my DH claimed they were BFN's. It took a clear blue to clarify.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Pregnancy tests are only designed to measure if you have HCG in your urine not how much you have. So it's not designed to get darker the further along you are
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"