Philadelphia Babies
Options

New to Philly, New Pregnancy, Need Help!

So I am relatively new to Philly, moved here about a year ago, but am totally out of my element with Obs and Hospitals! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! I do live in the city, but I don't mind driving if I have to. I just want a good/nice Ob and a hospital with private rooms if possible. I did one of the virtual tours for Penn Hospital and it said private rooms but the pics make me think otherwise. I am stressing because I have to make that first appt soon!

Re: New to Philly, New Pregnancy, Need Help!

• Options
    I live in center city and just had my baby last week at Lankenau hospital (about 25 min from CC).  Very happy with my dr, Scott Bailey (office is the hospital)and the experience at Lankenau.  Private rooms and nurses were great!!
  • Options
    I went to women to women gyn (in Lankenau) like 6 months ago for my regular gyn check up and my plans were to go there, but then I wasn't so sure recently. Thank you for your input. When did your Ob have you go for your first check up? They told me 10 weeks, but I am nervous hearing from some of my friends (out of state) went around 6-8weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have heard some great things about Lankenau.  They are all private rooms.  My sister-in-law had her first there and my cousin plans on having her first there.  Cole Hammel had his kid there too.  I live in Roxborough, but plan on having my lo at Paoli.  I had a bad experience at Bryn Mawr with my first.  Most doctors say 8-10 weeks for the first appt.  There is not much they can do at this stage of the game, so they just do a pee test and some times will check for a heart beat and possibly do an u/s.  Congrat's and good luck!
    Irish Mama Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first appointment was at 6 weeks.  Bailey has his own private practice with one other dr. He also has ultrasounds in his office.  Had my first U/S at 6 weeks
  • Options

I live in Delco but I delivered at Lankenau.  My OB is

David Ufberg with MLHC OB/GYN Associates

MOB South, Suite 307
    100 East Lancaster Avenue
    Wynnewood, PA  19096
    Phone: 484.572.2444
    Fax: 484.572.0495

I switched to him mid pregnancy with my daughter because I was not happy with the doctors at Women's Health Group of PA, Newtown Square location.  They were not attentive, each doctor had her own opinions which confused my husband and I, and when I was told to make a same day appointment by my PCP for complications the NP wouldn't see me and she was rather rude telling me that she didn't know what I wanted from her...since leaving I have known 4 others who left the practice for various reasons.  

I found MLHC very friendly, easy to schedule with, attentive and a God send!  Also, Ufberg delivers most of his own babies since he is a solo practice which is another reason we loved him.

My delivery was great, the hospital was awesome.  Our room was private and clean.  I labored and delivered in a room and switched to another private room after the delivery.  My Pediatrician made rounds there, too.  She is fantastic if you want her info!

Good luck!
  • Options

imageJenniferW268:
    I went to women to women gyn (in Lankenau) like 6 months ago for my regular gyn check up and my plans were to go there, but then I wasn't so sure recently. Thank you for your input. When did your Ob have you go for your first check up? They told me 10 weeks, but I am nervous hearing from some of my friends (out of state) went around 6-8weeks.

10 weeks for me

• Options
    We've been going through the Birth Center in Bryn Mawr and have been pleased with their people and methods thusfar (27 weeks in). The thought of labor starting during rush hour is a little scary, but beyond that it's been good.
  • Options
    I went to PennCare for Women and delivered at Pennsylvania Hospital. My first appt was around 7-8 weeks. Not all the rooms are currently private at Penn, but they do have some, and they try and room you so that you dont have a roommate. They are also switching to all private by summer 2013.
    Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"