January 2012 Moms
Options

Father's Day

What are you doing for/getting DH (or your SO) for Father's Day?

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    :::coming out of lurking::: I got him a gift certificate for a cigar shop. Thanks groupon :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since he did very little for my first mother's day, I'm considering doing very little for his first father's day.
    image. image. image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    raefreraefre member

DH asked me if I'm getting anything for his car this father's day. Well, I'm not.

I did get him a money clip (he hates carrying his wallet and I figured I could get this engraved) and I'm debating between a shop vac and Diablo 3. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PsyDr04PsyDr04 member
    imageraefre:

DH asked me if I'm getting anything for his car this father's day. Well, I'm not.

I did get him a money clip (he hates carrying his wallet and I figured I could get this engraved) and I'm debating between a shop vac and Diablo 3. 

Ha! DH already got Diablo 3. He said for Father's Day he wants to play it all day long. I asked him how that would be different from any other day he doesn't have to work. *snort* 

• Options
    raefreraefre member
    imagePsyDr04:
    imageraefre:

Ha! DH already got Diablo 3. He said for Father's Day he wants to play it all day long. I asked him how that would be different from any other day he doesn't have to work. *snort* 

lawls.  I will say one nice thing about DH not having a job is that I can have a say in what he buys.  Since quitting, he has not bought nearly as many video games, DVDs, cars, or car parts. 

• Options

I didn't get anything for Mother's Day, but I enjoy getting my husband gifts so I got him a few practical items: nozzle for the garden hose, cell charger for his truck, and a pair of shorts!

• Options

Well I was ticked at DH for not planning anything ahead and I specifically said how important this day was to me. The very first Mother's Day. So I wasn't going to do much for Father's Day.

BUT, a few days after Mother's day my gift arrived and it was a beautiful 2ct garnet and 0.5ct diamond ring! :o So now I have to figure something nice out. Lucky for him I did already start researching golf clubs and I was going to get him a driver...

• Options
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a gift (he did really good getting me a Kindle), but I plan to make him breakfast and plan a trip to the zoo.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

DH didn't plan ahead for me, but I'm not spiteful. He still did a good job last minute. Every year I make him a photo book of pictures of he and DS from the past year. I'll include DD this time, too. I don't think he's as sentimental as I am, but I know he enjoys the books and they'll mean a lot more to him years from now looking back. I hint that he should do the same for the next Mother's Day, but he doesn't remember in enough time. 

He and DS also have a big garden that becomes their summer project together, so I'll probably get them some things for that, too. 

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Options
    bhead81bhead81 member

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who's husband didn't do anything really for mother's day.  Ours was a little differnet since I lost my job in April and I was the bread winner but still he could have at least done something little for it.  He did go out the day of mother's day and get me food for breakfast but I ended up doing the dishes afterwards and cleaing up the kitchen (nothing like cleaning up the mess). 

I plan to have B make him a card with his foot prints and get him a little something.  I don't start my job until the week before father's day so money is still tight and I am out of town that whole week and have to fly out again on father's day again but I still want to do something for him for his 1st father's day.

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

• Options
    kali55kali55 member
    I got diamonds for my first mothers day so I had to do something special.  DH is getting a compound miter saw, a photo of his kids (DS and my step daughters) holding letters spelling DAD, a photo mug and letters from his daughters

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I did a DVD with pics of DH and DD from birth until now with quotes about Daddys and Daughters or "I love when you..." sayings all to a Michael Buble song that's near and dear to us. I've already given it to him. He cried.
  • Options
    PsyDr04PsyDr04 member

imageLaurdaJean:
    I did a DVD with pics of DH and DD from birth until now with quotes about Daddys and Daughters or "I love when you..." sayings all to a Michael Buble song that's near and dear to us. I've already given it to him. He cried.

Love this. 

• Options
    A 3D video camera!  Surprisingly cheaper than I expected. Mother's Day was not what I thought it would be but after a big cathartic fight that week we are communicating so much better, being more considerate and sexy time has even returned... I was in the less than 3x since baby camp on that last clicky poll and it was freaking me out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"