Pre-School and Daycare

Shampoo/Conditioner for girls

What do you use for your DD, especially for longer hair? DD's hair makes a huge snarly birds' nest when she sleeps. She has fine, straight strands, but lots of it. We started w/ CA Baby and switched to Suave Kids when I needed more detangling. When her hair starts looking really ratty, I use my shampoo and conditioner and it looks much better...but that's not tear free. I"m thinking she needs something better or with more conditioner than Suave Kids. Something "safer" would be nice, too, but that's optional.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner for girls

• So brushing DD's hair is a nightmare.  She has fine hair but SO much of it...its very thick.  We use suave kids shampoo/conditioner and then "Its a 10" leave in conditioner on top of that.  

This weekend - we found THE miracle product.  The As seen on TV HAIR BEAN!  My MIL got it for her last week.  We went from fights and tears (on both of our parts) every morning to her BEGGING me to brush her hair.  When you first start brushing - even with rats nests, dry hair or with wet hair, you feel like it might not be working but all of a sudden tangles are out and hair is straight.   You can pull pretty hard and it doesn't even phase DD.  

After buying the hair bean, we stopped using the Its a 10 conditioner because it is pretty expensive (but works). 

I tell ya, miracle brush

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has very little hair but we use Fairy Tales hair care. It claims to be organic (though there's no organic seal on it) but they make a shampoo, conditioner, and spray in conditioner. If hers starts looking really dry I'll use my redken on it but that doesn't happen very often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • jlw2505jlw2505 member
    My older DD has hair that I swear, gets tangles 2 seconds after I finish brushing it.  I have been using one of the adult Sauve Shampoos with a regular Sauve adult conditioner and that helps a ton.  We also use the Sauce detangling spray whenever we brush it.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • PeskyPesky member
    I use a clarifying kids' shampoo -- for swimmer's actually because she has swim lessons and the chlorine intensifies the tangling 100x.  But then I just use an adult conditioner.  It really works the best to keep the tangles out.  If I'm being super careful, I put it on the back of her hair and then use a kids' leave in conditioner on the front but she's pretty good about putting her head back so I can use it all over her hair.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Our method is to use a "squirt" product (detangler/leave-in conditioner) before combing.   The latest one we have is "fairy tales" and it is part of their lice-prevention line.   My DS's school had 2 lice outbreaks this year, so i'm scared of them.  This is a leave-in conditioner and smells lovely, there is rosemary extract in it.  Helps greatly. 
  • MeesheMeeshe member
    My DD's hair is super thick and curly and I don't know what she does when she sleeps but it is terrible to get through in the morning sometimes.  We use Nature's Gate Organics conditioner (I think that's what it's called).  I tried Burt's Bees but didn't find it very conditioning.  I also use detangling spray in the morning.  I had been using Suave Kids but just bought ____chicks (can't remember) that's more natural.  Havent' tried it yet though.
  • I use a Suave kids detangler most mornings. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD's hair is crazy curly and we use Jason Kids. I get it at Whole Foods and diapers.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD's hair is long, fine and a little curly.  We use J&J's shampoo for curly hair (green bottle) or Suave kids.  For conditioner we use Jason's or Nature's Gate (both organic).  We also use between showers for detangling/curl refreshing: Noodle & Boo Hair Conditioning Polish.  It's totally brilliant!  Her hair is so fine that if I spray other detanglers all over it it ends up looking greasy but I can literally drench her in the Noodle & Boo and it's fantastic.  It's a little pricey - $12 a bottle but lasts awhile - I think you can get it at Nordstroms in the baby section or on Amazon etc.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Said goodbye to a little angel on September 18, 2007 at 6w2d. You'll always be in our thoughts...
  • dpdwdpdw member

imagemum2jack&littleb:
    Our method is to use a "squirt" product (detangler/leave-in conditioner) before combing.   The latest one we have is "fairy tales" and it is part of their lice-prevention line.   My DS's school had 2 lice outbreaks this year, so i'm scared of them.  This is a leave-in conditioner and smells lovely, there is rosemary extract in it.  Helps greatly. 

We also use a lice-prevention product.  I forget the brand name, but ours uses tea tree oil.  We use the shampoo, conditioner and the leave-in spray.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"