I checked in on the pregnant with prior preemie thread but I will repost here. DS born at 36 weeks due to severe IUGR. Now pregnant with LO (team green again) facing IUGR again. Also facing heart block due to newly diagnosed Sjogrens. LO will come early if heart block. How early depends on how he/she does. We are praying to make it to term but I'm already contracting so we shall see. I've already been on bed rest for it and in hoping to avoid any more. I was on bed rest from 25-36 weeks with DS.
So I'm planning for the first. With DS I lived in central Phoenix and my doctor delivered at the hospital where I worked which had a level three nursery. I never worried about anything. With thus LO we live in the west valley now and have a new ob. He delivers at a hospital with a 2EQ nursery and one with a level three. The 2EQ doesn't do don't procedures so if LO us born with heart block, he/she will have to be transferred out. The nearby level 3 does "some" procedures. I'd think they could place a pacemaker but who knows.
Obviously I'm planning for the worst. Id like to choose my hospital sooner rather than later-- I'm one of those OCD planners. I am afraid of being in a hospital without my baby-- that hospital is literally five minutes from my house. But I don't know if I'll be any better off at the other. I plan on meeting with one of their news to discuss. Otherwise I will but the bullet and just make the long drive downtown.
WWYD? Am I insane for thinking about this now? I don't want to make a decision and plan and then have to change everything because of disaster. I hate that. I just have a lot of fears, which I'm sure you can relate to.