Special Needs
Options

My 12 month old WOnt bear weight on her legs

Hi. My 12 month old wont bear weight on her legs. She is in EI getting Pt. We think there is a family history of a connective tissue..Anyone have a child that wont bear weight?.

Re: My 12 month old WOnt bear weight on her legs

• Options
    DD2 didn't consistently bear weight until 17 months. She is not walking at 18 months, but is starting to cruise. She has low tone and global delays. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

M wasn't bearing weight at 12 months either.  We did a small scale set of lab work that the neuro ordered at around 14 months.  Have you seen genetics?  The appts can take a while and so can the labwork so may be worth looking into.

FWIW M started walking right at 15 months. 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Is the PT going to see about getting her a loaner stander? Those are good for supporting them and getting them to bear weight.

Ehler Danlos is a common CTD. Are they going to test for that?

• Options
    Flora they think we have an un named CTD .....
  • Options
    Were you able to join the yahoo group Hypotonia Hope? There are several families with CTDs on there who could probably give you some support and info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"