Baby Names
Options

Help with Girl Names That Begin With K

Hi All,

You ladies have been so helpful on picking out a boy name that I thought you would be a great group to ask for help with a girl name. As I said before, we are team green so we get the pleasure of "fighting" over two different names! Yeah!

Well, we have decided that we would like our daughters name to begin with the letter K. Everything I find is usually very cutsie and not my style. I want somthing sophisticated but not stuffy. I would like to stay away from Karen, Karissa, Katherine or Kathleen type names.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

TTC Since September 2009; 4/10 Miscarriage at 6weeks; Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011; 4/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 5/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 6/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 7/11: TI = BFN; 8/11: TI = BFN; 9/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 10/22/11: IUI#1; 11/4/11:IUI#1 = BFN; 11/16/11: IUI#2; 11/29/11: BFP on HPT!; 12/5/11: Beta#1=437@19DPO; 12/7/11: Beta#2=861@21DPO; 12/9/11: Beta#3=1648@23DPO; 12/13/11: Beta#4=4867@27DPO BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help with Girl Names That Begin With K

• Options
    Kate ( short and sweet )
  • Options
    Kimberly? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kaylie or Kristen 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Keira/Kyra, Katrina, Kirsten, Kristen

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

Kayla, Kaylianna

• Options

I love Kirsten, (keer-stin) it's not overly used and its so pretty! Other suggestions

Kate

Katniss

Kelley

Kiley

Kali

Kaia

Kora

Finley Belle 12/27/07 Ezra Bennett 10/02/09 Josephine Pearl 12/31/11 H is for Hillman
  • Options

I love Kirsten or Kristen. 

What about:

Katerina/Katarina

Katya 

Kaya

Kailyn

Kristina

Kelsey

Kara

Kendra

Kerrie

Kasandra 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

Kate

Kelly

Kayla

Keely

Kristen

Kirsten

Kimberly

Please don't go Kardashian on us and pick a name like Khloe. 

• Options
    imageAligator28:

You are safe there! My friend has a daughter names Chloe! I unfortunately know a lot of people with K names! I know a lot of people with the names Kimberly, Kristen, Kirsten, Karyn, and it goes on and on so many of the usually ones are taken by people I already know.

I may have to talk my hubby out of the whole K name thing!

TTC Since September 2009; 4/10 Miscarriage at 6weeks; Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011; 4/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 5/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 6/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 7/11: TI = BFN; 8/11: TI = BFN; 9/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 10/22/11: IUI#1; 11/4/11:IUI#1 = BFN; 11/16/11: IUI#2; 11/29/11: BFP on HPT!; 12/5/11: Beta#1=437@19DPO; 12/7/11: Beta#2=861@21DPO; 12/9/11: Beta#3=1648@23DPO; 12/13/11: Beta#4=4867@27DPO BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like Kendal and Kiera.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    It's not the "correct" spelling, but there's always names like Karsyn or Kamryn
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have a Kate (Katherine is her formal name).  I love it :).

Other than the ones you already nixed in your OP, I guess I would say...

Katrina

Karen

Kelly

Kimberly

Kendall

Honestly, K names are really hard.  Unless it is an established name, "K" can look really trashy. 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    imagekisha16:
    imageAligator28:

You are safe there! My friend has a daughter names Chloe! I unfortunately know a lot of people with K names! I know a lot of people with the names Kimberly, Kristen, Kirsten, Karyn, and it goes on and on so many of the usually ones are taken by people I already know.

Why does it matter if you know someone with your future child's name?  I know a zillion Katherines but that didn't stop me from giving that name to my daughter.  If you avoid every K name where you know someone you are going to end up with something atrocious or kre8tive.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options

Kamryn

Keira

Kimber (my friends little girls name)

• Options
    imagePitterPat11:

I love Kirsten, (keer-stin) it's not overly used and its so pretty! Other suggestions

Kate

Katniss

Kelley

Kiley

Kali

Kaia

Kora

Thanks for throwing in that Hunger Games shout out ;) 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options

Karina

Keira

Kaia

Kaori

Katarina 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options
    imagesweetpea2003:
    imagekisha16:
    imageAligator28:

Why does it matter if you know someone with your future child's name?  I know a zillion Katherines but that didn't stop me from giving that name to my daughter.  If you avoid every K name where you know someone you are going to end up with something atrocious or kre8tive.

Well, unfortunately most of the people that I listed are actually family members and I have a really close family so I would rather not use a name that someone in the family already has.  Even though I didn't grow up liking my name, I am for sure glad that I am the only one in my close family with it! I definitely don't shy away from names of coworkers or things like that, but if I can stay away from my daughter having the same name as someone in my family then I will try. 

Hope this helps you understand where I am coming from. Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely helpful!  

• Options

Kay

Kiley

Kaitlyn

Kinley

Kinsley

Kirstie

Krista

Kia

• Options
    I have always loved the name Kadence.
  • Options

Kay

Karis

Klary

Klara

Kelsey

Kristin

• Options
    Kayleigh/Kaylee/Kaylie
  • Options
    I just met a little girl named Katrin...it is really growing on me.  Cute and spunky!
  • Options
    imagemeaknigh:
    imagePitterPat11:

Kate

Katniss

Kelley

Kiley

Kali

Kaia

Kora

Thanks for throwing in that Hunger Games shout out ;) 

lol, i had to! And I actually love the name!

Finley Belle 12/27/07 Ezra Bennett 10/02/09 Josephine Pearl 12/31/11 H is for Hillman
  • Options

I know I'm late but..... 

Kalani

Kyani

Kaleah

Kasie/Kacey/Kasey

Kamilla(ka-mee-lah) or (ka-mill-lah) 

Kristian

Korine (Cor-in)

Kenya

Karissa

Kennedy

• Options

I know a Kenna and a Kaiya.

Kayla, Kylie, Kate, Kinsey.

What about "C" names? Cora, Corrine, Colette, Cara?

• Options

imageElishaChambers:
    Kate ( short and sweet )

I like this name. 

• Options
    Kiera or Kara are my faves

This discussion has been closed.