Baby Showers
Options

Need Help with Baby Shower Gift

Hello Ladies!

My BFF is having her first baby in September and I want to put together a new mom/hospital survival kit.

Here are some of my ideas so far: book/magazine, granola bars, hand sanitizer, breath mints, hair ties, etc.

Is there anything that you moms really appreciated, or really would have appreciated having after your baby arrived? She is like a sister to me and I really want to make her a basket full of useful/practical gifts.

Any ideas are much appreciated!  TIA!! 

Re: Need Help with Baby Shower Gift

• Options
    What a lovely idea! Hospitals are often chilly, so some fuzzy socks would be nice.  Dove (I think) makes a good dry shampoo, so if she has a C-section she'll be there a few days.  You probably don't need too much stuff, since she (hopefully) won't be there long.
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    Chapstick!! And maybe some comfy lounge pants for after the birth. Suck on candies, pads, breast pads / cream, etc.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Face cleansing wipes, nice pajamas and those half hair bandanas. Those are nice for at home when unsuspecting visitors call from 5 minutes away:)
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    If she plans on nursing, mothers milk tea and a box of oatmeal to help her production. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    amb5353amb5353 member

There are these gowns you can buy so she wouldn't have to wear one of the hospital gowns. There are a lot of them on etsy. It's something that Ihave been thinking I would like.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aw that's so sweet. And I guess it really depends on her personality and what she enjoys doing. Because even though you have this brand new bundle of joy to hold you kind of have to put them down at some point. And after you put them down it can become kind of boring. Then all the sudden a couple of days in the hospital seems like a week.

Is she into any particular hobby where she can do something while at the hospital?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

She LOVES to scrapbook. 

She likes any kind of books. I wouldn't mind getting her a "fun" book and then maybe a parenting book as well. Any ideas/recommendations on those?   

She also LOVES Reeses PB Cups so I'll definitely be adding that to the basket. 

They are decorating the nursery in owls with green, orange, and blues.

Thanks for all of the ideas so far! I definitely want a good variety! :) 

• Options
    Certainly get her some scrapbooking things...but I probably wouldn't want them at the hospital.  Actually I wouldn't want anything else I have to cart home - kwim?  I would stick with one magazine (maybe scrapbooking related), her favorite candy, favorite "other" munchie, and a pair of nice pjs (preferably nursing pjs if she plans to do that).  I really didn't have a lot of time to do ANYTHING for the little time I was in the hospital after my LO's were born.  I napped when I didn't have visitors or took care of LO.
  • Options

imagerhubarb123:
    Certainly get her some scrapbooking things...but I probably wouldn't want them at the hospital.  Actually I wouldn't want anything else I have to cart home - kwim?  I would stick with one magazine (maybe scrapbooking related), her favorite candy, favorite "other" munchie, and a pair of nice pjs (preferably nursing pjs if she plans to do that).  I really didn't have a lot of time to do ANYTHING for the little time I was in the hospital after my LO's were born.  I napped when I didn't have visitors or took care of LO.

All of this.

I also don't know about stocking her up on oatmeal and mother's milk tea. That's kind of personal and it's quite presumptious of the pp to assume she may need help in the production department.

I certainly didn't. 

Plus. that tea is nasty

• Options

I have a 2 year old and am now expecting another baby girl in July. My favorite gift that I received while pregnant with my 1st was a scentsy candle warmer (it just made my house smell amazing for the few weeks after giving birth when my house wasn't very clean...) and because it's chemical and flame-free, it was safe for my baby. There are some beautiful nursery warmers on sale right now and there is a newborn nursery scent that smells like baby powder - amazing!

https://manuella.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy/ProductDetails/MSW-MOON 

• Options

Since scrapbooking supplies aren't exactly convient or useful while in the hospital, what a about a list of "Must Take" photos like the ones linked below?  I found that I forgot to take a lot of pictures that I wish I had.

https://www.lilsugar.com/Must-Take-Pictures-Babys-First-Day-18610522#Must-Take-Pictures-Babys-First-Day-18610522?slide=10&_suid=133840107268402448564507125887

• Options
    Soft warm socks, lotion, snacks of any kind, especially chocolate.  I think this is a great idea and she will love anything you put in it.  Maybe add something cute and personal like a certificate you make up for free babysitting for a night while she and DH go out for dinner or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"