Eco-Friendly Family

What glass bottles do you recommend?

I have always and am planning to again EBF my baby but I like to have bottles on hand to feed expressed milk, every once in a while. I used to use drop ins but would really l,Ike to switch to a glass bottle with less waste. I've heard good things about dr bronners but also hear they are a pain to clean (not that I'd be using them often). Just wondering what you ladies would recommend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What glass bottles do you recommend?

• You're thinking of Dr. Brown's. Dr. Bronners makes soap, lol.

I suggest the cheap Evenflo glass bottles. Work great and screw right onto medela pumps.

• imagethedello:

You're thinking of Dr. Brown's. Dr. Bronners makes soap, lol.

I suggest the cheap Evenflo glass bottles. Work great and screw right onto medela pumps.

LMAO.....pardon my non-functioning pregnancy brain! 

• Loading the player...
  • We use the Born Free glass bottles and have no problems with leaks.
  • EcyEcy member

I used the Dr. Brown glass bottles & the Evenflo. I like both and if you don't plan on using them often, try the Evenflo. They are a great price compared to the Dr. Browns and are easier to clean.

I used the Dr. Browns more often because my DD took the bottle often and had less gas issues with them. They are great for that! Otherwise, the Evenflo are okay as well.

• This!

The Born free are wide necks, which are GREAT for mixing formula (had to supplement in the beginning), but because of that are less universal. I could use any nipple with the evenflo and Dr. Browns (DD was early and needed the super slow nuk nipple at first). The nipples are also seem a bit longer and floppier to me and DD doesn't like that (but she aslo didn't latch so, she's picky).

We always use the Dr. Brown's for feeding because she had colic, and they decrease the gas which may have contributed to the colic, and now we're scared not to use them. I use the evenflow for storage and pumping, which is great because they are less expensive and we need only so many to drink from during the day.

Another thing i wish i new in the beginning was that gerber makes a 2 1/2 oz. glass bottle with formula in it. We dumped out the formula and i use those bottles for emergency pumping (no other bottles clean which happens too often) and also for rice cereal storage (makes it easy to poor into the regular mouth bottles-we have to add it to breast milk because DD also has reflux). But when she was newborn they'd have been helpful.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We never used bottles, but we like the LifeFactory sippy cup. It's just their bottle base with a sippy spout you can buy solo.. so.. even less waste! No need to deal with plastic sippies. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • We also quite like our cheap Evenflow glass bottles. Easy to clean and seem to work pretty well for our baby. I also appreciate that they are small so they are easy to store.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loved the Evenflo, mainly because they are cheap, always look good, and work with my medela!
  • Evenflow! Evenflow! Evenflow! We use 3x per work day and no issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"