2nd Trimester

26 week ultrasound question

Had my ultrasound today! :)

At 17 weeks I was told I was having a girl, but my mother was convinced it was too early to tell. Well today just further confirmed it is a girl! Saw her little hamburger :) hahaha.

One thing I was a little confused about is that the tech told me that baby girl is measuring a week ahead of schedule and is in the 70th percentile weighing 2 pounds 13 ounces. Is this good or bad? When I asked her she kind of gave me a round about answer- not saying one or the other. She asked if I had done my glucose test yet and I said no. I had to schedule it in 4 weeks..

I am not seeing my OB for another 2 weeks so I was just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience or told the same thing???

Re: 26 week ultrasound question

• It doesn't mean anything.  DS consistently measured a week or more ahead, and we were absolutely positive of his conception date due to fertility treatments.  It's not good or bad, it's just how it is.  Likely she just had a growth spurt, but if she continues to measure ahead, it might just mean she's going to be a larger baby.  Not everyone can be in the 50th percentile & perfectly average.  ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO also weighed 2lbs 13 oz at my 27 week ultrasound.  She is also measuring a week ahead (her head is measuring two weeks ahead!), but the tech and OB said it doesn't change anything regarding due date.  Like PP said, it can be a growth spurt, and ultrasounds are just averages, they can be off somewhat in measurements.
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went in for my 24 week checkup and was measuring 28 cm. She told me that I needed to get my GD test done soon, so I went the next day. Everything came back normal. I had a growth scan the following week and he was at 2lbs 4oz, that was at 25 weeks, he was in the 76th percentile and actually measuring 2 weeks ahead. My dr said that he could either be a big boy or just going through a growth spurt. I guess I'll see in 2 weeks what I am measuring.
  • There's no good or bad. They just take measurements and rank it against their "averages." Just wait till you start going to the pedi and they tell you your kid is in the 90th percentile for weight or the 10th percentile for height. It doesn't mean they are fat and it doesn't mean they are too short :-) And from what I can tell, techs aren't trained to give advice. They do all the measurements and send it to your doc to interpret. I assume like someone who takes your x-rays doesn't read them. So don't think she was hiding something from you. I'm sure everything is fine. Congrats on your little girl :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"