TTC after 35

***TTC>35 Grad Check-In***

Please update us!
TTC #1 since June 2010
Me: 36, DH: 42
Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW

Re: ***TTC>35 Grad Check-In***

• ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Hi all!  Our baby girl was born a week early, on May 7th after 28 hours of labor.  My birth story is posted on the PG board - I think it's on page 3 of the posts (sorry, bumping from my phone and I have no clue how to do a link to it).  It has been a rough couple of weeks since then - we discovered that I have IGT, which is short for insufficient glandular tissue, in my breasts and I am not producing milk, so we had to start bottle feeding with formula at day 4 when we realized she was becoming dehydrated and had lost too much weight.  It has been hard to accept that I am not able to BF, but I am pumping what little I make every day and giving it to her in a bottle so she at least gets some of the antibodies from me. While we were still dealing with that, my dad died unexpectedly, which has been really hard for me since I also lost my mom a couple of years ago.   I am trying to deal as best I can and take comfort in my sweet baby.  She really is amazing.   I hope you all are doing well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageELF4321:
    Hi all!  Our baby girl was born a week early, on May 7th after 28 hours of labor.  My birth story is posted on the PG board - I think it's on page 3 of the posts (sorry, bumping from my phone and I have no clue how to do a link to it).  It has been a rough couple of weeks since then - we discovered that I have IGT, which is short for insufficient glandular tissue, in my breasts and I am not producing milk, so we had to start bottle feeding with formula at day 4 when we realized she was becoming dehydrated and had lost too much weight.  It has been hard to accept that I am not able to BF, but I am pumping what little I make every day and giving it to her in a bottle so she at least gets some of the antibodies from me. While we were still dealing with that, my dad died unexpectedly, which has been really hard for me since I also lost my mom a couple of years ago.   I am trying to deal as best I can and take comfort in my sweet baby.  She really is amazing.   I hope you all are doing well.

OH Elf, I am sooooo sorry to hear about your dad. I am heartbroken for you to have lost both of your parents. What a bittersweet month for Baby Elf to arrive and lose him. I want to give you a big hug.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • mkwtmkwt member

Hi Ladies,

I don't know if any of you guys will remember me or not, but thought I would give you a quick update.  I do still lurk here just not as often!  I had my sweet little daughter on March 13, 2012 she weighed in at 5 pounds 15 1/2 ounces and 19 inches long, she is PERFECT!!!  I was put on bed rest on March 9th, due to severe edema, she was transverse, we did a version that day and she flipped head down then went footling breech.  We had scehdule for a c-section on March 16th.  On March 13th I woke up at 4am to use the bathroom went to lay back down and my water broke, told DH I was going to take a shower and we would be leaving for hospital in little bit.  I get in the shower and notice I am having cord prolapse, so my DH demanded we leave for hospital immediately, Get checked in about 4:40 am and she was bon 5:05am via emergency c-section.  Obviously not how I had planned to welcome her in the world, my DH could not be in the room with me and I did not get to see her or hold her until 5 hours later.

I obviously don't know how to add a picture in my siggy! :)  Her name is Mallory Lou,she looks just her daddy,  and is just a sweet little baby, and only time she cries if hungry or wet or gassy.  She was diagnosis with tachacardia (high heart rate) and we go to eye doctor next week because she has a "lazy eye"!    I wish you all the very best and keep praying for you all the time.

• Hello everyone!   I'm 7w5d today and I had my first u/s last week.  I was so shocked and excited to find that we had a healthy heartbeat.  I have never made it this far before.  Next Thursday is my next u/s and then I will graduate to my ob fingers crossed.  I'm still incredibly scared something is going to go wrong and we haven't told anyone.  I lurk on this board and I'm rooting for all of you! 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • MelleTXMelleTX member

Thanks for starting the Grad check-in. 

Yes, it is true. I am growing two tiny humans. It is so bizarre. I obviously knew it was a possibility as I put back two embryos, but one was not so great quality at transfer, my betas were pretty low and there was only one tiny spot looking thing on my 5w ultrasound. I had myself convinced there was only one in there - until my 7w ultrasound clearly showed two sacs and two heartbeats.

Baby B looked great, but Baby A was measuring about 5 days behind. My RE thinks we had a late implanter. Dr. Google tells me this is normal to see on an early ultrasound. LOL.

My first OB appointment is June 5th. I will be 9w5d and will feel much more secure in this twin pregnancy.

I am sure you have all heard me complain about how much I hate my private health insurance. Well, it turns out that it will cost almost the exact same amount to get these babies out that it did to get them in. I am going to have one awesome medical deduction for 2012!!!

Not much else to report. I feel pretty good. Only minor heartburn and some mild afternoon queasiness. No real weight gain yet, other than due to constipation from PIO. Oh and only 17 more days of PIO!!!

So happy to read all of your updates! 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Hello all.  I am still lurking over here every day with fingers crossed that you all get to move on from this board soon.  You are still constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Emma is almost 4 months old now and is growing so much each day.  She's a little peanut weight wise, but is really long.  Can't wait until her 4 month appt to see what her height is now.  I know she completely outgrew 0-3 month sizes almost as soon as she hit 3 months, only because of her length. She just started grabbing her toys and is now really interested in them.  She also loves to have books read to her and is starting to turn the pages herself.  My little genius. lol

• imageELF4321:

ELF, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Definitely take comfort in your sweet little girl.  As for the BF, I had a similar problem with my DD 17 years ago.  That's why I didn't bother this time.  Strictly formula from day one.  It is a difficult thing to deal with, but please just try and remember that you are doing what is best for your DD, whether that is formula or breast milk. I will also tell you that my 17 year old has always been extremely healthy so no ill effects from not getting "enough" breast milk.

• Lots of encouragement in this thread for a 38 year old gal like me. :)

ELF4321, sorry to hear about your dad. You're in my T&Ps. Congratulations on your baby girl!

MKWT, I'm glad you and your LO are OK. Congratulations!

ShellBear, good luck with your u/s.

MelleTX, twins! Glad they are both OK.

Aurora, congrats on your healthy and happy LO!

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

• imageELF4321:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Elf. 

TTC #1 since June 2010

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Of course, I remember you. So glad your little girl is doing well.
    TTC #1 since June 2010

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Hi ladies! I am an inveterate lurker over here too. I am *gulp* almost 33 weeks with a little boy. I am shocked how fast I got to this point. My IVF and starting a new job all happened so fast, and now before I know it, I am arranging for maternity leave.

I feel like I am finally getting a grip on my baby preparations and getting to the point that I can relax into this pregnancy. I got to tell you it has been a little stressful. Dealing with IF and then rolling right into a pregnancy did not do great things for my sanity or my relationship with my husband. We are rounding the bend now, and I think we are all the better for it. 

I wish everyone the best of luck in your journeys, and I hope that everyone gets a little bit of the luck that I have been blessed with. I am going to keep cheering for you all. 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• imageELF4321:
    Hi all!  Our baby girl was born a week early, on May 7th after 28 hours of labor.  My birth story is posted on the PG board - I think it's on page 3 of the posts (sorry, bumping from my phone and I have no clue how to do a link to it).  It has been a rough couple of weeks since then - we discovered that I have IGT, which is short for insufficient glandular tissue, in my breasts and I am not producing milk, so we had to start bottle feeding with formula at day 4 when we realized she was becoming dehydrated and had lost too much weight.  It has been hard to accept that I am not able to BF, but I am pumping what little I make every day and giving it to her in a bottle so she at least gets some of the antibodies from me. While we were still dealing with that, my dad died unexpectedly, which has been really hard for me since I also lost my mom a couple of years ago.   I am trying to deal as best I can and take comfort in my 1100 Mission Ridge #Asweet baby.  She really is amazing.   I hope you all are doing well.

Oh Elf! I am so sorry for your loss. 

DS born 07/29/12

• imagemkwt:

I was put on bed rest on March 9th, due to severe edema, she was transverse, we did a version that day and she flipped head down then went footling breech.  We had scehdule for a c-section on March 16th.  On March 13th I woke up at 4am to use the bathroom went to lay back down and my water broke, told DH I was going to take a shower and we would be leaving for hospital in little bit.  I get in the shower and notice I am having cord prolapse, so my DH demanded we leave for hospital immediately, Get checked in about 4:40 am and she was bon 5:05am via emergency c-section.  

Mkwt, what a scare this must have been. When I found out my guy was transverse at 29 weeks, my research led me to the cord prolapse possible complication. That one scared me quite a lot. I am so glad you both made it through that safely. I think I am lucky that my little one has decided to turn on his own. I am hopeful that he will stay that way. 

DS born 07/29/12

• I still see some familiar faces, so I'm hoping some of you remember me.

ELF - I am so sorry for your loss!  I lost my dad just as we were beginning IF treatments.  It makes me sad that he never got to be a grandpa and that LO never got to meet him.  I also had issues with BF and had to add formula at day 4.  I pumped what I could for 6 weeks and then switched to all formula, as the pumping just got to be not worth the effort.  LO is doing great, just keep reminding yourself of that.

My LO is doing well.  She seems to have "favorite" stories already, and she is rolling up onto her side like she is getting ready to roll over.  Not sure what she'll do once she does, as she still hates tummy time, lol!

Wishing you all BFPs soon!

Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• Hi ladies, I still lurk here almost daily and am cheering you all on. 

Elf, so sorry to hear about your dad.  It must be a bitter sweet time for you for sure.

As for me, I am 13w now and have suddenly popped already.  YIKES.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is my 3rd pg, although only the 2nd to get to 2nd tri.  I had my NT scan last week and lo is measuring a week and a half ahead.  The NT measurement was great at 1.3mm.  Doc hasn't moved my EDD yet, but might after the NT report comes back.  He also is open to me having a c/s this time because DS broke my tailbone on the way out and it still gives me chronic pain 2.5 years later.  This was a huge relief to me because the thought of pushing another big baby out the normal route scares the bejesus out of me.

Glad to hear all of our new moms are adjusting well and that their precious bundles are doing well too.  Can't wait to see more of our TTC>35 friends join us on pg>35 very soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Had a growth scan u/s today. Boys are estimated to be 2.4 lbs and 2.9 lbs at 27 weeks. MFM says they are looking good! Both are head down at the moment.

I still cheer you all on.  I remember how long and hard the journey can be.

Elf, sending you many (Hugs)!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Elf I am so so sorry for your loss. Big HUGS to you.

I am so happy for you all! I do lurk on the other boards to see what's up with you ladies :) Take care!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Hi everyone! (nice to get to write a post that doesn't start with "ticker warning"....but still I am very concerned about upsetting anyone over here -- McIrish and others -- I know they can choose not to read, but once it's here, it must be hard to avoid looking, too, and that could be torturous).  Anyway, I lurk over here too and am hoping for you all.

I am feeling more huge all the time, and baby girl moves around a lot, especially in the morning and evening.  It is quite something to feel and see.  Had a growth u/s last week and she is measuring a little big, so there was a brief gestational diabetes scare, and first I failed the 1-hour test (gross) but then passed the 3-hour test (double gross).  Now I also have an umbilical hernia -- i.e., a protruding bump right next to my navel.  It doesn't hurt and my OB is not concerned, but it is kind of grossing me out. Oh and did I mention my feet have started swelling up too?  Trust me, I am NOT complaining, but pregnancy is a really weird physical experience -- one that I ardently wish for all of you.  Some friends are throwing us a baby shower on the 23rd, and we already have the big stuff -- crib, car seat, bassinet, changing bureau -- though none of it is set up.  I'm out of town right now, though, and DH took the opportunity to move some of the office furniture out of the future nursery without me there to "screech" at him (his term -- but it's true, I'm super OCD about furniture and other household arrangements, and moving stuff around/out of its place is hard for me to handle, even for our excellent reason). Our first birth class is this coming Monday, and today I made appointments for us to meet with potential pediatricians and check out a daycare (need to make a few more of those).  So there's a lot of stuff going on.

I think about you folks on TTC+35 all a lot -- having gone the DE route (about which I have no regrets), I feel like on some level I will never fully get over what you all are going through right now, I just cut it short for myself (and lucked out that it worked so fast). I know that probably seems like it's easy for me to say from the other side, but it's really true. Hugs to everyone (including my fellow graduates, of course).

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Hi!  I still lurk here to check up on everyone.  My girls are 4 months now and so fun to watch grow.  It was a pretty tough first three month with my husband traveling for weeks at a time and me being totally alone with the babies.  But slowly things have gotten so much easier and life is really coming together.

IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • emikatemikat member
    Thank you for posting all your updates.  It's beautiful to see all the success stories and brings tears of joy to my face.  

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• I was more a lurker than poster here so I'm not sure if anyone will remember me either but I figured I'd share my update as I was a member of this community. I still lurk and like the others wish you all GL...and look forward to seeing on the GRAD board.  Right now I'm 34 weeks with only 41 days left to go.  I have to agree with some of the other girls who posted...at 38 and this being the first...the whole preganancy process really is something else.  The baby (we decided not to find out the sex) is moving around so much which is crazy it's like having an alien inside you.  I have had swollen feet for weeks...and now in the last couple weeks my hands are swollen and I feel like I have a sprained wrist the pain is so bad.  Right now I'm just working every day slowly making progress with ny house which is in a state of dissarray and construction.  Fingers are crossed we get everything done. Again Good Luck to all you TTC'ers! 
  • My update is almost exactly one year late. My son, who I delivered when almost 39 years, turned one last week.

It was labeled a "high-risk" pregnancy, Type 2 diabetic issues, then developing preeclampsia literally overnight (as I now understand can happen), resulting in James being delivered at exactly 37 weeks by c-section.

I wouldn't change anything because I never thought I would hold a child of my own, biologically or adopted, however a child could come to me.

He is, predictably, the love of my life.

I wish the women here peace, happiness and success in their journeys to motherhood, whatever paths they choose.

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • :::::waving hello::::::

i can't believe it, but my little one is almost 6 months old!!!  where did the time go.  he has been a dream, great eater, sleeper, etc.  he still spits up on me around 5 times a day ... one good reason to go back to work.

at first, the 4 year old loved the baby, then he started REALLY acting out, then he said he didn't need a baby brother anymore ... now i think he has moved into acceptance and seems to be dealing better.

in a nutshell ... we are all good.  i miss you all, and am still checking/lurking/and hoping for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"