Preemies

Solids and neosure questions 35 weekers.

I had my trio 5 weeks early they are now 6 months  almost 5 months adjusted. When did you start solids with your preemies? Also when did they go off neosure? They are small 12lbs 8oz, 13lbs 0oz and 14lbs 8oz none are sitting up on own. Dr we saw yesterday was not our regular dr and he was no help. They also have bad reflux I am going to ask there GI but wanted to know when others started.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Solids and neosure questions 35 weekers.

• jrrsjrrs member
    We stopped the neosure at 12 months. Ds was and continues to be small. He might be 20 pounds next week at 18 months. We were told to start solids at 6 months but to take it really slow because they were concerned with his weight and wanted him not to eat too many solids and still get all the nutrients from formula. I think we did one feeding a day until 9 months, if not longer. 
  • With my first DD we started solids at 5.5 months (actual) she was ready. She was never on neosure because she was big for a 33 weeker. As for my 34 weeker (only 2 months old) we got the okay to take her off neosure at her 2 month appointment. She's almost 3 months old and I weighted her last night and she was between 11 and 12 lbs.

Can you call your pedi about the neosure? 

• Loading the player...
  • Our girls are really small but were never put on neosure (also 35w).  We started solids at 6 mo actual.
  • My 35 weeker is almost the same age. We just started with oatmeal last week.
  • KadyraKadyra member
    DS was a 36 weeker with IUGR. Never on neosure. He's 33 months old now and is still only 10% for weight and about 30% for height. He started solids at six months. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"