Georgia Babies
Options

What are the must have's that need to be on our registry?!?!

So excited that we will be registering in the next few weeks.  Thought I would ask the experts what I must have!

Thanks!!

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: What are the must have's that need to be on our registry?!?!

• Options
    eeeep!  Ultimate Crib Sheet (like 2 of them) and Miracle Blankets (for swaddling) (like 2 of them) are my ultimate must-haves!  and nipple cream (for you) and butt paste (for baby).  there are a thousand other things, but these are my favs!  don't put clothes on there as people will buy it for you anyway.
  • Options
    shacadushacadu member

Make sure you get two covers for everything so you have one to use while one is in the wash! 

I would recommend getting a snap-n-go stroller instead of a travel system -- everyone I know that has the travel system hates the big bulky stroller and ends up getting an umbrella stroller once baby is big enough to sit up on their own instead.  The snap-n-go is so convenient.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sleep sacks, snap n go (travel system was a waste), nice umbrella stroller with cup holder, shade, storage. I was always running to the store for pumping supplies, but it's hard to get too much of that now, bouncy seat, exersaucer (for later, but a life saver!!!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kegkeg member

I second the ultimate crib sheets!  I've used them a ton and will likely get them back out when we take one DD out of pull ups at night. 

Aden and Anais swaddle blankets are the bomb!  One DD still sleeps with them now and they are great for swaddling in the warmer weather.  

I've heard nothing but fabulous things about the Rock n Play.

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    i agree on the ultimate crib sheets and miracle blanket. i also really liked the soft cheap pads you could throw on the diaper changing table or floor for tummy time - saved me a lot of laundry of my "pretty" stuff. if you have a boppy i love the waterproof cover as well - i put that under my normal cover and loved it. and i know this is odd but ikea has these packs of washcloths with colored tags in the kids department. i kept the yellow and orange tagged ones to throw over the boy during diaper changes so i wouldn't get sprayed and all other colors were used for wiping up messes and cleaning up food when we got to that stage (i have gone through three packs in two years and love them).
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

the FP papasan swing.  It plugs in.  No midnight battery runs!

• Options
    I got a ton of use out of my shopping cart cover and the Miracle Blankets for swaddling. Also, I found you can never have enough burp clothes and bibs, especially if you have a spitter like I did.
  • Options

Miracle blanket, sleep sacks, and the snap and go stroller. I also loved our angel are monitor.  At Piedmont, they will give you Lanolin (nipple cream) if you request it, so no need to register for that!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto Ultimate Crib Sheet and Miracle Blankets. I loved both, both times. We also loved the lambie swing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Pack and play (we used as the bassinet before crib and then they are great for traveling), Snap and Go stroller, carseat, umbrella stroller, Aden and Anais blankets are awesome as someone said above and some toys because baby will grow fast and will want play :) It is also nice to ask for diapers the next size up from newborn, Pampers swaddlers were are favorite for newborn to size three and then we went with target brand and love them.

You will get a ton of adorable clothes!

Enjoy every minute of everything! Hope your pregnancy is going well and that you are feeling great!

• Options
    YEs, OMG, how did I forget the snap n go!?!?!  it is seriously my most favorite stroller, the whole family cried when we sold it!
  • Options

So excited for you! 

I loved (and am loving) the miracle blanket, cradle swing, bouncer, baby k'tan (life saver when I need 2 hands!), color monitor (we have summer day & night), and definitely the snap and go, so convenient.  Have fun!

• Options

Some of my list will repeat others, consider it affirmation :-) 

-Summer best view video monitor 

-FP Cradle swing (plugs in)

-Snap n' go (ONE OF MY FAORITES!)

-FP jumperoo

-Ultimate crib sheets

-Carter's lap pads (LOTS)

-Those gerber cloth diapers for burp cloths, they are cheap and bleachable

-A carrier-I got a baby K'tan for this baby

-MAM pacis-C liked them so we'll try them again this time but you never know.

-FP space saver high chair 

That is all I can think of at the moment.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    shacadushacadu member

A few more things I can think of....

Someone mentioned the carter's flannel lap pads -- those are the bomb!   They have bassinet and crib size too  - we use those a ton.  And I also second (or is it third by now) the sleep sack.  I was skeptical but it is great! 

A sleep sheep or some sort of sound machine or white noise CD (really, the sleep sheep us just darned cute, that's why we like it) 

A playmat or playgym!  We use ours every day.   

Also -- I wouldn't get too many of one thing until you know your baby likes it.  For example, I got a few of the swaddling blankets, but Ian doesn't like being swaddled.   Maybe the next baby will?  And don't stress yourself with getting everything at once.   You can always order on Amazon and get anything you need in a few days!  As someone told me, all you really need is a boob and a carseat to start out (and a few diapers). 

Good luck! :)  

• Options

Skip the travel system- go with the snap n go!  Like Heather, I seriously cried when I gave it to my SIL!  Go for the bigger infant seat too- at least 30 lbs if not 35.  It weighs a little more, but you'll get to use it longer and that thing is THE BEST.  Graco or Chicco are good brands.  We preferred our Chicco- felt like better quality and the clips were easier to use and it was easier to install. Don't forget to register for extra base.

My standard baby shower gift is a Halo Sleep Sack n Swaddle, Happiest Baby on the Block DVD (not the book!), and a Wubbanub paci.  This combo = sanity salvation.

Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller (I have had A LOT of strollers- this one takes the cake!).  Bumbo.  Bouncy seat that actually bounces.  Swing that goes side to side.  Wipes warmer (some people say its a waste, I say its worth it for cold weather newborns).  Go ahead and register for the bigger carseats too- we're big fans of Britax (they are worth the money!).  Some sort of baby wearing device (I preferred Moby wrap for newborn).  Ultimate Crib Sheets (2).  Sound machine or sleep sheep.  We liked Playtex Drop In Nursers for bottles.  Less pieces to clean and no air = no gas.  Video Monitor (we like our Summer handheld).  Boppy + extra cover.  Fisher Price Rainforest Soother.  Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo.  Breastpump (I liked Ameda Purely Yours). Pack n Play (not one with a bunch of extra crap that you have to store.  Just a simple one). 

Skip the dreft- use Tide Frag. Free or All Free & Clear.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!!!  This is a great list.  Really appreciate all the advice.  Smile

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

• Options
    care99care99 member

I definitely second not buying or unpacking everything at once.  Neither of my kids took a paci and we got so many blankets that I returned a lot of them.  Same with clothes until you see how big the baby is.  So exciting!!

• Options
    Definitely a video monitor!!  Sleep sacks, white noise machine, cradle swing that plugs in, swaddle blankets (we loved the woombie!! so much easier than the miracle blanket IMO), and snap n go for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    There has been some great items mentioned already but I wanted to add baby bjorn carrier.  I loved that thing.  Something small but awesome are boogie wipes.  It is a saline wipe and is great for runny noses or for just cleaning up.  I always give those as shower gifts.  I also like the breathable bumper and the bouncy seat was a life saver in our house.  Good luck!
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am absolutely loving the FP snugabunny papasan swing. Cole LOVES it and sleeps SO well in it. Every nap is either in my arms or the swing. It plugs right in and is so soft and comfy for him. I wish I had gotten it with my twins! White noise is a must (we have a CD and put the stereo on repeat)..we also really like the nap nanny- he sleeps in that at night because of slight reflux.
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you haven't picked  a bathtub, I recommend Primo tub. The best tub ever. It's plain and not decorated but I swear it's the most functional tub and can grow with your baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"