January 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

Well I'm starting this since the FFFC post usually entertains me for most of any given Friday...

My FFFC(s)...

My bumbo basically lives on elevated surfaces.  The very center of the kitchen island while I'm cooking, the counter near the sink while I'm dealing with the 1 million bottle parts associated with Dr. Brown's bottles... pretty sure it's never actually been put on the floor.

Secondly... I just weaned from breastfeeding last week and I don't miss it... We made it 4.5 months (I had wanted to do 6 months) and I'm proud of that but I never loved it in the first place.  I ended up EP-ing because DS was terrible at nursing and felt like a slave to the pump and its million parts to clean and dry every.single.day.  So I'm not sad it's done.  Minorly sad that formula is so much more expensive than breastmilk and I may or may not have to adopt a diet of ramen so DS can eat but we'll survive.

What do you ladies have today? 

Re: FFFC

• Options

My sister in law is due next week with her 3rd child. And I am of course super excited for her, but at the same time a little bit sad that my DS wont be the baby of the family anymore (her other kids are 5 & 2.5). Ive spent years always hearing/getting photos of my nephews that it was kind of nice for DS to have some of the spotlight for a while.

I also take private pride in the fact that I know she will need to have drugs during labor, and I didnt. I love my SIL to bits so its not like I feel I need to 'up' her, but it makes me feel badass knowing I went drug free.

And to continue with the drug-free tagent...whenever people find out I went drug-free I always act like it was NBD, but again I secretly enjoy them thinking I am such a tough cookie :)

• Options
    I secretly always plan for LO to go to my sister's house when DH's family has a get to together or BBQ...because they are crazzzyyyy! The police are always called, someone is arguing and it turns into fighting. They always ask where is DD? I say oh my sister wanted to keep her:()
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagewychets:
    I secretly always plan for LO to go to my sister's house when DH's family has a get to together or BBQ...because they are crazzzyyyy! The police are always called, someone is arguing and it turns into fighting. They always ask where is DD? I say oh my sister wanted to keep her:()

Lol! And good thinking/planning ahead! 

There's two to wash, Two to dry, Two who argue, And two who cry.
    There's two to kiss, Two to hug, And best of all, Two to Love! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lovies1yrold
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    I sometimes pretend like I have to pee so I can pass off ds to whoever is around. It's not that I don't want to hold him but I have him all day and sometimes I just want to relax on the couch without having to wrangle or entertain him.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    imagekristinkoenig:

Secondly... I just weaned from breastfeeding last week and I don't miss it... We made it 4.5 months (I had wanted to do 6 months) and I'm proud of that but I never loved it in the first place.  I ended up EP-ing because DS was terrible at nursing and felt like a slave to the pump and its million parts to clean and dry every.single.day.  So I'm not sad it's done.  Minorly sad that formula is so much more expensive than breastmilk and I may or may not have to adopt a diet of ramen so DS can eat but we'll survive.

This is me exactly!!!  Just gave DS the last of the frozen stash I had yesterday.  I feel bad about it sometimes, but I'm so glad to be done pumping!!!

Also, kinda sad about the state of my saggy boobs.  :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"