Parenting
Options

Prefolds? Help!

Where can I find the best and most economical prefold?
What do you use? What diapering methods do you prefer?

Re: Prefolds? Help!

• Options

Regardless of the brand, you want a prefold that it 4x8x4...that describes the layers/thickness of the prefold.

GMD and Osocozy are popular, but there are many good brands out there.  Just don't buy Gerber, please.  I recently got some Bummis prefolds from Diapers.com for a good price and free shipping.

I'm definitely a prefold and cover kind of gal, but a lot of people seem to prefer pockets and AIO's.

If you go check out the cloth diapering board, you'll probably get more responses, plus there's a FAQ section at the top of the board you should check out.

GL! 

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options
    tammy79tammy79 member

GMD has the best Prefolds out there, I would go with them, they extra thick and absorbent, and she has lots and lots of good info on her website. 

I had lots and lots of different diapers in my stash, it's a pretty big stash, I wanted to try everything, now we are pretty much done, and I have to get rid of them all. 

But honestly if I had to do it over again, prefolds and covers would be the way I go, it was so much easier and simpler.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I use babies r us brand and they have been awesome.  They were having a sale when I bought mine buy one get one half off of a pack of 12.  I had 72, and it was too many.  I am good with 50, washing them twice a week. I don't have any problems with leaks, and my chunky 5 month old still has plenty of room: they will last until she is out of diapers.  

For covers I use thirsties and bummis.  I have been happy with both, but I will just buy thristies for the next time around because you only have to buy two sizes.  I would suggest having ten-ish covers for those days when baby poops alot and you just don;t have time to wash your covers.  I would also suggest buying some of those cheap plastic covers, like BRU 3 for 7 dollars, for when you go out somewhere.  Sometimes it is just easier to throw away a really messy diaper and cover then bag it and bring it home.  

Also look for snappis, they grip the diaper together instead of having to use saftey pins.   

We use a disposable at night because DH does not have senstitive skin, but one night we had run out and I just layered two cloth diapers and she did fine, no leaks, slept through the night.   

HAve fun, Cloth is the best! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"