Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

How was it decided that you'd be SAHD's?

Wife has a better career, you gave up yours so she didn't have to?  Do you bottle feed but wear a device to imitate breastfeeding so the wife doesn't feel completely left out by only pumping?  AND do you wear manpris while vacuuming?

Re: How was it decided that you'd be SAHD's?

• Options

So.........?  I don't think you completed your thought pumpkin.

And is there not one here that is a SAHD?  That is his screen name.  So if there is one of you, there may be a few.  Am I mistaken?

And I bet you do wear manpris.  And I bet you wear a pink polo with it too. 

• Options
    I bet you have a lot of hair on your chest.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBrinaElka:

I'm actually from a pretty wealthy family, so I manage odds and ends of family business at home. That gives my wife a chance to build her career while I take care of our son.

I don't wear manpris but I do rock the occasional pair of man slides.

Very nice!  I love man slides!  MH wears them too. 

• Options
    AW!  Look at us.  We're all from MD.  Let's have lunch and discuss all this.
  • Options
    imageUnpossible:

imagekittycarr:
    AW!  Look at us.  We're all from MD.  Let's have lunch and discuss all this.

Only if it's at Ye Olde Spaghetti Factory. Is that still funny? Or relevant? Feck it, I'm keeping it.

Not still funny.  It's Olive Garden or Uno's and you're buying now for your spaghetti crack.

And I like to drink so pony up your wallet sally.

• Options

imagekittycarr:
    I bet you have a lot of hair on your chest.  

Unpossible is a lady........so.....

I'm pretty sure she has no hair on her chest!!!

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm a PhD student who will be finishing coursework just before the baby comes.  My wife has the better career at the moment, and I collect my stipend to do research from home.  It's as ideal a time to introduce a new member to the family as any!
  • Options

imagekittycarr:
    Wife has a better career, you gave up yours so she didn't have to?  Do you bottle feed but wear a device to imitate breastfeeding so the wife doesn't feel completely left out by only pumping?  AND do you wear manpris while vacuuming?

Well, here I am.  Before I answer all you questions specifically I would like to say that at this time I am not a stay at home dad.  It is really a dream I have had for a handful of years now.  You also made an assumption that stay at home dads don't have a job, which several posters have already made not of.

I would be more than happy to give up whatever career I had to support my wife even if my career was better.  She is very passionate about what she does so I would have no problem filling a different role.  If I have the pleasure to become a stay at home dad I will firstly try to create my own breast milk so I can actually breast feed.  Since chances of that are low we would like to keep breast feeding as a special mommy baby time, so I would use bottles and bring the baby to her whenever possible to feed.

I do not like the style of manpris but if I could find a pair of pants I could roll up hipster like I would go for that first.  I also don't really like polo shirts but would be more than happy wearing a pink shirt.  I think the overgenderization of colors is a little absurd. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ah Kitty...I knew it was only a matter of time before you tried to start sh!t on this board. Lovely as always.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageskipperkelly:
    Ah Kitty...I knew it was only a matter of time before you tried to start sh!t on this board. Lovely as always.

So it looks like kitty outstayed her welcome on some other boards?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageStayHomeDad:

imagekittycarr:

Well, here I am.  Before I answer all you questions specifically I would like to say that at this time I am not a stay at home dad.  It is really a dream I have had for a handful of years now.  You also made an assumption that stay at home dads don't have a job, which several posters have already made not of.

I would be more than happy to give up whatever career I had to support my wife even if my career was better.  She is very passionate about what she does so I would have no problem filling a different role.  If I have the pleasure to become a stay at home dad I will firstly try to create my own breast milk so I can actually breast feed.  Since chances of that are low we would like to keep breast feeding as a special mommy baby time, so I would use bottles and bring the baby to her whenever possible to feed.

I do not like the style of manpris but if I could find a pair of pants I could roll up hipster like I would go for that first.  I also don't really like polo shirts but would be more than happy wearing a pink shirt.  I think the overgenderization of colors is a little absurd. 

You. Are. AWESOME!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageStayHomeDad:

imageskipperkelly:

So it looks like kitty outstayed her welcome on some other boards?

Definitely not.  FB is much more fun.  I came with an honest welcome for the dads and kick it up a notch but clearly I'm among a few prudes.  I wonder what the dads vaginas will look like after the babies births....... F*ck, I wonder what some of them look like now....

• Options

I am a veteran of the Marine Corps and my darling wifey is a full time lead in the Fraud Prevention department at her work place. For us it works. Plus I still get a paycheck and I am also with our boy.

• Options
    imageStayHomeDad:

imagekittycarr:

Haha, I like your style, man. 

• Options
    imageDuffman78:

I am a veteran of the Marine Corps and my darling wifey is a full time lead in the Fraud Prevention department at her work place. For us it works. Plus I still get a paycheck and I am also with our boy.

Nice!  I have a son joining the USMC - goes Parris Island the end of this year. 

• Options

imageCrash Into Me:
    kittycarr is a troll.  She still breastfeeds her 18 year old. 

LOL oh our dearest Crash Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Same story here...my wife makes more and my job is an hour away, so it would pay for daycare and gas and nothing else. This way I can be home with our son and maybe freelance write. No man capris or pink here, just Tigers tshirts and Zeppelin in the background. Good to meet you all, by the way!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"