3rd Trimester
Options

Job Interview at 38 weeks??

Yeah, so back in February I found myself unemployed. No big deal, I am getting unemployment, my DH is working, but then I came across a position that was right up my alley, working for the county and earning about 13k more a year than my previous position.

So I threw my hat in (about 2 months ago) and got a phone interview about 2 weeks ago. I didn't mention my pregnancy, but did pretty well. Got a call for a panel interview, which was today.

I went in, did the whole interview, did a mock counseling session, gave them work samples and then when they asked if I had any questions, or wanted to tell them anything, I told them about the pregnancy.

I explained that I was telling them, NOT to put their organization in any jeopardy, but so they had a good understanding of when I would actually be able to work and fairly base their decision on that. I also told them I completely understand their business needs.

It seemed to go well. Next steps would be an interview with their VP. One encouraging thing was the woman who walked me out (who would be my peer) said they hired her at 8 months pregnant.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Job Interview at 38 weeks??

• Options
    I'm glad to hear it went well.  Hopefully they will get you in for your next interview quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    good luck! hope you get the job :-)
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well good luck to you! I hope yours turns out better than mine did. I had an interview last week for the Mother/Baby floor (postpartum) at my hospital (I'm a RN). I was just about 36 weeks at the time. They unfortunately needed someone ASAP so I was not a good candidate, which sucks because I am currently working on a floor I HATE. But I knew it was a long shot just because how far along I am. I'm hoping that there will be something available after I come back from leave. But again, good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    jlh2716jlh2716 member
    Awesome. And good luck to you!
  • Options

Good Luck!  I have been applying for jobs for the last 2 years on and off and just recently I have been interviewing.  Wondering why now since I am 34 weeks pregnant but thankful to have the oppritunity. I was offered 2 on call positions at different hospitals within the last week and will be starting after baby is born (I will be taking a 6 week leave instead of 12 like I had planned) Things happen when they are supposed to!

Karen

• Options
    That seems really encouraging.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds really promising, I bet she wouldn't have shared that with you if she didn't think you had a good shot.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"