Baby Showers

Two showers--invite future grandparents to each others???

I have a question I'm hoping to get some advice on. I am having two separate showers, one for my husband's side of family (thrown by his mother) and the other for my side (thrown by my mother and aunt). Is it customary for both sides to invite the parents of the other (the future grandparents) to the other's shower?? They are very cordial and get along well. We just prefer to have separate showers to keep them more intimate and smaller. Just wondering what the proper thing to do is.

Re: Two showers--invite future grandparents to each others???

• I would.  grandmas-to-be are the exception to the "invite a person to only one shower even if you have 500 showers" rule - in my opinion.  They can always say no - just tell them what's happening.
  • eav2ceav2c member
    Just personally speaking, I would invite them to both. But you certainly don't have to but I think it's nice to have the future gparents at both showers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ccamccam member
    I am in the same boat.  I invited both future grandmas to each other's showers, along with my sisters and SIL, just so the grandmas have someone to go with.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I would invite them both.  Considering they are each throwing a shower it would be nice for each of them to also go to a shower as a guest.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagejeffsjayme:
    I would.  grandmas-to-be are the exception to the "invite a person to only one shower even if you have 500 showers" rule - in my opinion.  They can always say no - just tell them what's happening.

This. 

• imageccam:
    I am in the same boat.  I invited both future grandmas to each other's showers, along with my sisters and SIL, just so the grandmas have someone to go with.

This. 

• I invited our parents to every shower.
  • I would invite them to both. This is also how my wedding showers went, mostly because my MIL likes to throw parties and my mama hates being outdone, but still.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"