1st Trimester
Options

How come everyone sees their baby before me???

I am bummed because besides the intro clinic visit where you pee in a cup (which I did at 4 weeks) I have to wait until the end of june for our first appointment!   I will be almost 12 weeks before I even get a chance to hear the little bug's heartbeat! 

I am so jealous that so many people get to at least see/hear the heartbeat earlier because it would really help me feel like this is real.  Also, we are hesitant to tell anyone before we hear the heartbeat so we have to wait forever!  Sorry for the vent, I found out early (3w4d) so I feel like it is forever away. 

Anyone else in the waiting-forever-to-see-if there-is-even-a-baby-in-there boat???

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How come everyone sees their baby before me???

• Options
    I went to an independant u/s place to hear mine.  I left my base in Germany before I could get an appt and cant get one here at my new base for several weeks.  I was really nervous because I just had a m/c in March.  I used PreNatal Peek, they are a national chain.  I am sure there are other independant places in your area.  However, I did wait until I was 8w1d and was able to hear a heartbeat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I found out at 3w2d! My first appointment is with a nurse June 12th (7w1d) to go over medical history and all the blood stuff and after that appt I'll make my appt for seeing the actually doctor which will be at 11 or 12 weeks. It feels like forever and I really just want to see/hear the heartbeat too, but at least there will be something to see. There isn't much to look at at 5-6 weeks.

BFP #1 5/16/2012 Heard/Saw Heartbeat 6/27/2012 No heartbeat at 11 weeks D&C 7/6/2012
    BFP #2 10/28/2012 EDD July 12, 2013
    BFP #3 6/24/2015 EDD March 8, 2016

Oliver born July 6, 2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me we only get to see LO so early because we conceived through IVF and are seeing an RE. If I had just gotten pregnant on my own and went to my OB they said they don't see me until 12 weeks as well. I think it's pretty standard but perhaps there is a place that will see you sooner. You might just want to call around.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    I am jealous of people who do not have high risk pregnancies and do not need to be monitored early.  The only reason I have seen my baby early in both pregnancies is due to high risk factors.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

I live in New Zealand and so our maternity care here is very different to what it is in the states.

You get sent for two lots of betas and then have your first midwife appointment at about 4-5 weeks to go over medical history and results of betas, a heartbeat u/s at 6-7 weeks. We get down syndrome and neural tube defect testing between 11 ? 13 weeks and the anatomy ultrasound at 18 ? 20 weeks.

We have a monthly appointment with midwife until 5 months, bi weekly appointments until 8 months and then weekly appointments until 9 months then twice a week if you are over due.

BabyFetus Ticker pregnancy due date
  • Options
    Look on the bright side, most of the people that get to see it early (like me) have a problem or are being checked for one. Thankfully everything was ok, but it's nerve racking to hear "you're being scheduled for a fetal anomaly u/s".

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options

I agree with some of the previous posts- most of us who are seen early have either undergone fertility treatments, had previous miscarriages, and/or are at high risks for some reason.  I know it's hard to wait, but docs know what they are doing. Hoping your time flies by!

TTC since 10/2010; 3 rounds of clomid 2011- BFNs; IUI #1: 6/2012 BFN; IUI #2: 10/2012 BFP, lost our little one around 6 weeks; IUI #3: 3/2012 BFP, Beta #1 13dpo: 464, Beta #2 18dpo: 3,727. U/s #1:5 sacs, 4 heartbeats! U/s 4/26: 5 heartbeats! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't have my first appointment until 10 weeks. With my first I didn't go until 12 weeks at a different office.

It's so hard to wait!! But like others said there are reasons they go in early. 12 weeks will go fast!! It seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant with my son and that was over 3 years ago!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had early ones bc of working with a RE. If I hadn't, the OB's in my area usually wait till 18 weeks+ for an ultrasound. Even though I get to see the baby early I would have preferred to have not had to use a RE to get pregnant. A lot of women get to see their baby early bc of previous mc, spotting, or IF so it isn't always for awesome reasons that people get to see the baby sooner.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hmonttyhmontty member
    imagebaylissmomma:

I live in New Zealand and so our maternity care here is very different to what it is in the states.

You get sent for two lots of betas and then have your first midwife appointment at about 4-5 weeks to go over medical history and results of betas, a heartbeat u/s at 6-7 weeks. We get down syndrome and neural tube defect testing between 11 ? 13 weeks and the anatomy ultrasound at 18 ? 20 weeks.

We have a monthly appointment with midwife until 5 months, bi weekly appointments until 8 months and then weekly appointments until 9 months then twice a week if you are over due.

Actually, this sounds very typical of many U.S. doctors too...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My first doctors appointment wasn't until i was 9 weeks. They just did a history and pelvic exam and told me to eat right. No heartbeat. No dating u/s. I'll be 13 weeks at my next appointment (Tuesday! :) ) and he said we might try for a heartbeat. Might. He said he doesn't like to do it too early because then people get nervous..but I'm thinking at 13 weeks if you don't hear a heartbeat maybe you should be worrying..that's just me though. Idk. He's the expert I guess. haha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys, it helps to know that others are in the same boat.  I am sorry for others that have to go in early due to potential problems, I hope everyone has a good outcome.  I am just nervous and excited and can't wait to see the little bean. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will be 13 weeks before i get to see mine. i feel the exact same way. there are people with ultrasounds from week 6 and im like WTF?!  so your not the only one. and now i kinda feel better that im not either! :)

Anniversary
  • Options

I wasn't scheduled until 12 weeks also, I did however, talk with the nurse at my clinic and she arranged for me to have a real ultrasound at 11 weeks, but that is not standard procedure with my MW group.

ETA: Not having an early US was driving me crazy! I had a hard time believing this pregnancy was real, especially since I have not been sick or miserable at all. The further along I get though, the more the though is sinking in, and symptoms or not, or "proof" or not, we're having a baby!

Hang in there, lots of people, especially healthy women with supposed-to-be healthy pregnancies don't get ultrasounds early (or at least that's what my research has proved). 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Since I'm a first time mom that's not high risk, I had to wait until 12 weeks to hear the heartbeat and for the first ultrasound (NT scan). It was extremely hard to wait that long, but my doctor didn't think it was necessary to do anything before that point! Hang in there! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I dont think we get an u/s until 12 weeks, and even that one is optional I think depending on insurance. We will get to hear the heartbeat at our next appt (9 weeks).
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would not be seeing mine at 7 weeks if it wasn't for fertility treatments.  I totally get it being hard to wait, I can't imagine being in your shoes even though I wouldn't wish "high risk" on anyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

imageAllycat11:
    I am jealous of people who do not have high risk pregnancies and do not need to be monitored early.  The only reason I have seen my baby early in both pregnancies is due to high risk factors.  

This. I had a perfectly perfect first pregnancy, heard h/b at 11 weeks and had 1 u/s at 18 weeks, that's normal at a large number of offices.

Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options

imageAllycat11:

You and me both.  I wasn't seen early for my pregnancies either until I lost 4 of them...in a row.   

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options
    I almost wish that they'd waited until 12 weeks with me because I keep going back & forth on whether I want an NT Scan. I don't want to pay for another ultrasound.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • Options
    Hey I would love not to be in a high risk pregnancy, and had two previous losses and not have had u/s already. Maybe you should count your blessings.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

imageAllycat11:

Exactly. 

BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagehmontty:
    imagebaylissmomma:

Actually, this sounds very typical of many U.S. doctors too...

Just what I was going to say! Aside from maybe the first part... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"