Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

S/O PT'ing & Public Restrooms

Am I the only germophobe? When using public restrooms myself, I never touch the seat. I hover to go and the always flush with my foot. Now with my DD PT'ing, I'm wondering how to handle it when she has to go. Doesn't the idea of a travel potty seat freak you out- like you are bringing public toilet germs with you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.

Re: S/O PT'ing & Public Restrooms

• Options
    I keep antibacterial wipes in the diaper bag already for cleaning highchairs, tables, etc., so I would just wipe the travel seat with one before putting it back in the bag and then disinfect it again at home. Not a perfect germ solution, but better than nothing.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I keep Potty Toppers in my purse. Put one on the toilet, then you throw it away. I don't want to carry around a potty seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MJ317MJ317 member

I bought these, for whenver he's not scared to use the public restroom. They have them at BuyBuyBaby.

https://www.amazon.com/PottyCover-Disposable-covers-individually-packaged/dp/B003JJX2IG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338558120&sr=8-2 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

God help you when your kid goes to school.  Big Smile

Now that we're using the portable potty seat I've been wiping the seat and legs down with lysol wipes at the end of the day.  If it bothers you that much can you put a seat cover on the toilet and then place the portable potty on it?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"