Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Need gift ideas for "teacher"

Since DD was born, every month or so, someone comes to monitor DD for any developmental delays (because of a chromosome issue, there was a risk that she could be delayed). Thankfully there have been no delays, but this "teacher", for lack of a better word, has been so wonderful! Every time I voiced a concern if DD wasn't hitting milestones by a certain time, the teacher has been very reassuring, and gave suggestions on how to help move DD along. 

The county based program that provides the service only runs through the age of 3. So we only have a few more visits with the teacher.

I would really like to give her something on her last visit as a token of our appreciation. But I don't know what.

Any suggestions? 

image Jack was born 1/16/08, died 1/25/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Need gift ideas for "teacher"

• Options

I'm always a gift card giver. I don't collect anything nor do I like to receive trinkets, platters or any other sort of "dust catcher." And I don't eat anyone else's homemade foods.

I usually go with a restaurant, Target, Starbucks or a spa place for mani/pedi or massage

• Options
    Agree with the gift card idea. Either a local restaurant or Starbucks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go with a gift card, but also include something personal as well, like a card from your DD and maybe a picture of her in a cute frame. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meg1974meg1974 member
    Gift cards are always nice. Starbucks is good, and if she doesn't drink coffee they also have tea, mugs, etc.

• Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member
    Gift card!  Something that she can use anywhere-like those Amex giftcards.
  • Options
    I am getting our early interventionalist a car organizer... she works out of her car and is constantly misplacing stuff or forgetting to grab it because she keeps some supplies in her office and some in the car... maybe something like that?  a car filing cabinet or something?  Most of the support people do a lot of work out of their cars. 
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Definitely a gift card!  I am a teacher and I always really appreciate when someone gets me a gift card because then I can choose to use it how I want.  The thoughtful "dust catchers" are nice - but they are just that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"