Upset with family — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Upset with family

I am really upset with my family right now. Instead of talking to me they are just trading stories about what I've talked to them about in confidence and talking about it behind my back with what to do. Whether or not they were trying to help isn't the issue here - I just feel like if they wanted me to get someone else's advice they should have just told me to talk to X instead of talking to them behind my back and rehashing what I told person Y.

I've had a really difficult time with trust lately - my boss told coworkers about the miscarriage without my permission... I didn't think I'd have to expect my family to not be straight forward with me.

I feel like I'm in middle school again and all of my friends are talking ABOUT me instead of TO me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
TTC no sooner than November 2014

Re: Upset with family

• BabySuzBabySuz
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments Photogenic
    I'm so sorry about that! I would be really upset too. Especially with your boss - NOT OKAY! Some people just do not use their brains. It's a really sensitive thing and the last thing you want is people talking about your loss behind your back. 
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. It's bad enough that your boss was being so insensitive, but now not being able to trust your family has to be terrible. Sometimes I feel like my family is talking about things behind my back too. Maybe because they don't know what to say to my face. It's not an excuse. It can get really aggravating when you don't really have anyone to rely on.

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/[email protected] 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry that everyone is talking about you behind your back and violating your trust.It's excruciating on top of the grief. 

I went through similar experiences - with my MIL and Grand MIL AND MH's boss. Two different situations, both leaving me feeling gossiped about like a middle schooler. And SO MAD about it.

It really sucks to not only experience the isolation of loss but also the isolation as a result of mistrust. If you can find a way to muster the strength to address these trust issues and especially encourage your family to talk to you I'd really encourage you to try. Don't do it for them. Do it for you, and your own healing.

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards