Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Tripp Roth

Her recent post for Tripp's bday is so, so, so sad.

She really has a talent for writing.  If you go read it, have tissue on hand.

https://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/2012/05/to-my-baby-on-your-3rd-birthday.html

Re: Tripp Roth

• I read that a couple of weeks ago.  It happened to be a night that Abby was waking up all night long.  When she woke again, I was so frustrated.  I hopped on FB while she was sleeping on me and Courtney had just posted her new entry.  I ended up holding Abby in that rocking chair for another hour.  I will never again be upset that she wakes for me. 
  • I'm not sure I can bring myself to read that. That woman is a saint. Seriously. What an amazing mother.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Heartbreaking. Tripp was brave but I think his mommy is braver.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• +SMACE++SMACE+ member
    My heart just breaks for her =(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not only did her post make me cry, but some of the responses made me cry too.

Its amazing how one person can touch the lives of so many other people.

She is a saint and i pray that someday they will be reunited again.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagepolicewife314:
    imageabartow:

Not only did her post make me cry, but some of the responses made me cry too.

Its amazing how one person can touch the lives of so many other people.

She is a saint and i pray that someday they will be reunited again.

All of this. And by "cry" I mean the ugly, hyperventilating, snotty sob-fest. This is the first post of hers I've read and now I'm torn between reading more and knowing it's probably a bad idea. I'm also half-praying DD wakes up in the middle of the night so I can love on her. What a strong, brave woman.

It's a tough read, but the rest of her blog is worth a look. She's handled this entire experience with complete grace, and she's done so much to raise awareness about EB. I know I may have never learned about it if not for her sharing her story.

I wound up reading this post (at work, nonetheless) and ugly cried. So beautifully written, but so heartbreaking. Courtney has definitely taught me a thing or two about being selfless.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My heart feels so heavy right now. Every time I read a new post of hers I sit back and realize how fortunate I am to have a healthy child. I've always been grateful for my son, but her posts give me a much needed jolt from time to time. She is a Godly woman and Tripp's story will remain with me for the rest of my life.
  • YulesYules member

imagewife1014:
    I read that a couple of weeks ago.  It happened to be a night that Abby was waking up all night long.  When she woke again, I was so frustrated.  I hopped on FB while she was sleeping on me and Courtney had just posted her new entry.  I ended up holding Abby in that rocking chair for another hour.  I will never again be upset that she wakes for me. 

This too! I should be going to bed now to get up at 6 tomorrow, but I think I'll sit in Wolfie's room for a little while and listen to him breathe. 

I feel so guilty about all the PPD crap when I read her posts. Makes me feel like such a self absorbed ahole.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageYules:

imagewife1014:
    I read that a couple of weeks ago.  It happened to be a night that Abby was waking up all night long.  When she woke again, I was so frustrated.  I hopped on FB while she was sleeping on me and Courtney had just posted her new entry.  I ended up holding Abby in that rocking chair for another hour.  I will never again be upset that she wakes for me. 

This too! I should be going to bed now to get up at 6 tomorrow, but I think I'll sit in Wolfie's room for a little while and listen to him breathe. 

I feel so guilty about all the PPD crap when I read her posts. Makes me feel like such a self absorbed ahole.  

I hear ya.  But it was out of our control.

How are you lady??

• RitaT22RitaT22 member
    To echo a lot of sentiments on here, she is a saint, and such a strong woman.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagepolicewife314:
    imageBrittRMere:
    imagepolicewife314:
    imageabartow:
    Not only did her post make me cry, but some of the responses made me cry too. Its amazing how one person can touch the lives of so many other people. She is a saint and i pray that someday they will be reunited again.
    All of this. And by "cry" I mean the ugly, hyperventilating, snotty sob-fest. This is the first post of hers I've read and now I'm torn between reading more and knowing it's probably a bad idea. I'm also half-praying DD wakes up in the middle of the night so I can love on her. What a strong, brave woman.
    It's a tough read, but the rest of her blog is worth a look. She's handled this entire experience with complete grace, and she's done so much to raise awareness about EB. I know I may have never learned about it if not for her sharing her story. I wound up reading this post (at work, nonetheless) and ugly cried. So beautifully written, but so heartbreaking. Courtney has definitely taught me a thing or two about being selfless.
    I'm hooked now; I started at the beginning and I can't stop reading. I can't imagine having the courage and grace to handle anything even close to what she's been through. I especially feel like the world's biggest a-hole for how frustrated I've been with DD this past week. I'm not kidding when I say this woman's story has changed me.
    This. I've been reading her blog for hours, tearing up at her moving posts and videos. I'm going to go snuggle by DS right now, even if it means waking him up for a minute.
  • YulesYules member
    imagewife1014:
    imageYules:

imagewife1014:

I hear ya.  But it was out of our control.

How are you lady??

All better, but still bummed that the 1st year of DS's life was so sucky for me. Wish I enjoyed it more back then. How have you been Wifey? 

• Oh hell no.  I'm not even religious but when she asked him to ask Jesus to take his picture I lost it.  I truly don't know how a parent survives losing their child.  Not even for a millisecond can I imagine how you continue to live after that. 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Yesterday I had a sorta breakdown. I was just feeling so overwhelmed with the boys, trying to finish school (bachelor's in 1.5 years), and life in general.

Now I feel like a complete douchenozzle. At least I have my boys to be aggravated at and overwhelmed by. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageelmoali:
    Oh hell no.  I'm not even religious but when she asked him to ask Jesus to take his picture I lost it.  I truly don't know how a parent survives losing their child.  Not even for a millisecond can I imagine how you continue to live after that. 

me either : (

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I hadn't seen that yet.  Glad I'm working at home today, because big tears are still streaming down my face.  She makes me a better mother.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • imagekmwills:
    She makes me a better mother.

That's exactly how I feel.  No one should have to go through losing their child, and knowing day after day that they are going to lose their child... it's unbearable.  Yey, she has shown unimaginable strength and grace.  Anytime DS is being a bum and getting on my nerves, I think about Tripp and Courtney. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"