VBAC
Options

F/U to birth center vs hospital...

babyikebabyike member

Here's the OP for reference  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/65804159.aspx

So, I met with the midwife who owns/runs the birth center yesterday.  She cleared up my concerns with the back-up hospitals if a transfer were needed (regarding the comment made my the other midwife that I spoke with at the tour of the birth center).  She said it all done case-by-case and depends on the recommendations of both my midwife and the back-up OB.  In my case, being that I've already had a VBAC with no complications, if I was merely needing to transfer to receive Pitocin or other labor augmentation then it's very unlikely for the OB to "coerce" me into a RCS.  Now if my transfer was for something like fetal decels, etc then it would most likely be a c-section at that point (which I'm of course fine with whatever needs to be done in that case).  So, it sounds like the first midwife was likely just sharing disclaimers (aka CYA) during the tour.  Plus, she's recently relocated to open her own birth center in a different part of the state, so I won't actually ever see her again (which is completely fine with me as I wasn't too thrilled with her to begin with...).

I'm going to keep my appt with the OB group for tomorrow to confirm my placenta has moved up and away from my c/s scar.  If that looks good, then I'll start the process of transferring care to the midwife.  Baby is head down and everything is looking great so far.  Both the OB and the midwife stated that they didn't think this baby would be as big as DS (8 lbs, 2oz), just based on current measurements from the anatomy scan.  They both think he/she will likely be closer to DD's weight (7 lbs, 1oz) come full term.  

Thank you again ladies for your feedback on my OP!  It is so wonderful to have this board to bounce ideas off of regarding VBAC.  Props to iris and all others in getting TB to add it YesYesYes 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: F/U to birth center vs hospital...

• Options

GL with your placenta check! 

I'm glad you are more comfortable with the center and that the other MW is gone. It sounds like things are lining up nicely for your birth. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    babyikebabyike member
    imageHarper'smom:

GL with your placenta check! 

I'm glad you are more comfortable with the center and that the other MW is gone. It sounds like things are lining up nicely for your birth. 

Thank you!  I am just so thankful that I have two great options this time around Yes  Having a VBAC under your belt certainly has helped me in terms of finding supportive providers Smile 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay, good luck!!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"