Working Moms

Yikes! DC costs up 20% for 2009

That is crazy. I am currently paying $1770/month for my two girls, in January it's up to $2105. Yikes, that's over half of my check.

Re: Yikes! DC costs up 20% for 2009

• OUCH.  Is there another center around that's more reasonable?
  • A 20% increase is insane.  Sadly the original price sounded wonderful.  I'll be paying about $1450 for one baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    OUCH.  Is there another center around that's more reasonable?

They are middle of the pack for costs- many centres here don't take infants under 19 months old, so it limits which ones we can use. I never expected such a big increase!

• Seriously?  I've never, ever heard of a daycare that won't accept babies 8 weeks or older!
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    Seriously?  I've never, ever heard of a daycare that won't accept babies 8 weeks or older!

I don't think this is that uncommon.  During my research I called several that didn't accept children under 2 or 3.  Not all centers want to deal with infants.

• imageourbaby08:

imageRoxyLynn:
    Seriously?  I've never, ever heard of a daycare that won't accept babies 8 weeks or older!

I don't think this is that uncommon.  During my research I called several that didn't accept children under 2 or 3.  Not all centers want to deal with infants.

ditto roxy.  that IS uncommon, especially in our area, LA.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"