January 2012 Moms

Tired of hearing... (vent - pip)

I am sick and tired of hearing that DD looks just like DH.  I've never been one to see that babies look like mom/dad, I think they just look like a baby. Everyone just goes on and on that everytime they see her that she just looks more and more like him.  I am just incredibly jealous.  I know it's so stupid and I love the way she looks, but just needed to get this vent out!!!

Guess for your entertainment I should post a picture...but please no replies that she looks like her daddy (and I just realized of the 1000+ pictures, we really need some with us all in them so I've posted separate pictures of us)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tired of hearing... (vent - pip)

• Every one says the same thing about my LO! They're constantly telling us that he looks just like his dad and nothing like me.. :(
  • I would be sad too. Unfortunately, this is what my husband is dealing with. My baby doesn't just look like a baby, he looks exactly like me. As soon as they laid him on my chest, the first thing my husband said was that DS looked like me. Of course, I am thrilled but if it was the other way around I would have been really sad.
  • Loading the player...
  • raefreraefre member

I've always been bad at comparing babies to parents.  When our DS was first here, I was like, he has my yellow undertones! But no, that turned out to be a mild case of jaundice and he has my husband's pink skin that burns on first contact with light. 

Depending on who you ask, people say LO looks like DH or like me. I tend to think his face looks like DH's (omg his nose is definitely DH's) more than mine (his eyes have a distinct tilt that mine do) but that his body looks like mine (long fingers/toes, long legs and arms). 

My cousin said he looks like my brother; a friend said he looks like both of us; and my store secretary said he looks nothing like me, so therefore like my husband. 

/jealous

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everybody tells me our little guy looks like my mother in law. What would you prefer? DH or MIL?
  • HuahineHuahine member

My little dude is a carbon copy of his dad.  Most babies look like their fathers at first - it is an evolutionary imperative.  Otherwise, the daddy apes would eat their young. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • HuahineHuahine member
    And Michelle - your LO is gorgeous - whoever she looks like!
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lp0lp0 member
    My ds looks just like my dh except he has my blue eyes. It actually doesn't bother me though and I love that he even makes the same little smirks and expressions dh makes. What was interesting though was when dh's family were saying ds was a combo of dh and dh's cousin (who is also male but has blue eyes). I doubt they had a love child and I would think I could at least get some credit but I guess not. If I didn't adore dh's family members who said that it probably would have irritated me.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• raefreraefre member

imageJayhawk08:
    Everybody tells me our little guy looks like my mother in law. What would you prefer? DH or MIL?

Well, if DH looked like MIL....

• Thanks everyone!!! Very glad she doesn't look like my MIL. Good to know I'm not alone.
  • I get that a lot, too..... But luckily every so often somebody will say that she looks like me...

Oddly enough, and I'm not saying this to make you feel better, but I think your baby looks like you LOL

I can see some features of your DH when your DD was brand new but even then she was a good mix. But now looking at the pic where you are holding her, I totally see you in her.

That's my opinion anyway!

• sanbrysanbry member

You are definitely not alone. My girl looks just like daddy. When I say I see certain things of mine in there, people argue with me!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"