High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

preeclampsia at 26 weeks!

Hi everyone! I'm new here. 26 weeks pregnant, and have been in the hospital since sunday for preeclampsia. I also have postural orthistatic tachycardia syndrome, and dysautonomia which has not helped matters. They put me on mag last night and I actually woke up this morning with my headache almost gone! Praise Jesus! It looks like I may be able to go home today, but was wondering if anyone has any advice with dealing with preeclampsia this early? I want this little boy to cook inside me as long as he can. So far everything looks good with him, I just have protein in my urine. Anywho, thanks in advance for the advice.

Re: preeclampsia at 26 weeks!

• Options

I had pre-e diagnoised at 29 weeks and delievered at 30 with my first son. Hate to give bad news but typically if you have been diagnoised the average time until delievery is 2 weeks. It doesnt get better only gets worse and can get worse within a matter of hours. Have they talked to you about having a preemie or what they are watching for? I would start asking to talk to a Neonatologist and see what level NICU you have in the hospital. I have many pre-e friends and none of them have gone home from being in the hospital  on mag. Hang in there, the worst part for me was not knowing what was going on and no one would give me information. It was like my dr and nurses were running around talking about me and not inform me on whats happening. Have they started steriod shots yet?

Check out the preeclampsia foundation they have a GREAT fourm online. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :)

Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
  • Options

You could try the Brewster Diet. 

https://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id36.html

I personally have never dealt with Pre-eclampsia.  But I heard the Brewster Diet can help. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMangomamaFL:

You could try the Brewster Diet. 

https://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id36.html

I personally have never dealt with Pre-eclampsia.  But I heard the Brewster Diet can help. 

I hate to be a downer...but the diet won't do anything at this point.  It's not really common belief anymore that diet will help at all, but certainly not after diagnosis.  I only say this not to sound like there's no hope... but because i was very healthy with my last pregnancy and got pre-e and I hated feeling like it was somehow my fault.  I'm afraid there's really no recent clinical evidence that it will do anything.  I agree with the 1st reply, the best thing to do now is educate yourself, ask questions and learn about what to expect.   I wish you and your LO the very best of luck!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    I was diagnosed at 25 weeks, with diet and meds and lots of resting I will be delivering on Monday at 38.5 weeks.  Do what your dr says and try to keep LO cooking.  Don't give up!!!!!
  • Options

This sounds like what I am being worked up for right now. Just found protein in my urine (just finished a 24 hour urine.) And I've been having problems with blood pressure regulation and tachycardia (got rid of the holter monitor an hour ago). Glad to hear I'm not alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"