Natural Birth
Options

Encouraging posterior cervix to move forward?

Are there any natural ways to encourage your cervix to move forward?  I'm doing pelvic tilts a la spinningbabies.com.  Any ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Encouraging posterior cervix to move forward?

• Options

I had a posterior cervix and was 0cm dilated on a Wed afternoon. My doula suggested that I crawl around on my hands and knees for as long as I could stand it. I did that for about an hour the next evening (Thursday) and woke up at 4am Friday in active labor (5-1-1 right off the bat) and my cervix had moved completely forward by the time I went to the hospital at 9am. I'm not sure if that's what did the trick, but might be worth a try?

FYI, it's not the most glamorous way to try to prep your body for labor ;) The dog thought I wanted to play and kept zooming around me like a ballistic idiot.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    dmhrn13dmhrn13 member
    it naturally moves forward when you are in labor. there is no way to move it forward before that- i'm not sure why you would want to?
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member
    imageMrsNash37212:

I had a posterior cervix and was 0cm dilated on a Wed afternoon. My doula suggested that I crawl around on my hands and knees for as long as I could stand it. I did that for about an hour the next evening (Thursday) and woke up at 4am Friday in active labor (5-1-1 right off the bat) and my cervix had moved completely forward by the time I went to the hospital at 9am. I'm not sure if that's what did the trick, but might be worth a try?

FYI, it's not the most glamorous way to try to prep your body for labor ;)The dog thought I wanted to play and kept zooming around me like a ballistic idiot.

The picture in my head is making me LOL at this.  Dog

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

from what i understand, the cervix is often posterior until shortly before labor begins. during the laboring process, it moves into a more anterior position and opens.

unless you have a medical need to birth sooner than later, i'd just relax and let your body do what it's going to do. you have plenty of time to let that process take place! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsNash37212:

FYI, it's not the most glamorous way to try to prep your body for labor ;) The dog thought I wanted to play and kept zooming around me like a ballistic idiot.

Haha!  I can see our dog and DD doing the same thing...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was posterior during labor, but wasn't moving (I had been in labor for 12+ hours) so my midwife moved it forward manually.  It was fine after that!
    imageimage 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"