Parenting after 35

May I Join?

Hello! I'm a first time mom to a wonderful little son who just turned one! I turned 40 in February and wanted to meet with other parents over 35. Right now I stay at home with my boy but when he gets bigger he'll be going to our family's preschool (my mother's the director) where I used to work, and hopefully then I can go back to grad school to get my masters. I'm originally from Sri Lanka (a country near India) but grew up most of my life in California.Big Smile
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: May I Join?

• jlw2505jlw2505 member
    Welcome to the board!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Welcome!  I want to go back to school too but not sure when I'll find the time or money. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • anchibaanchiba member

Thank you!

I've wanted to go back to school for a long time now. Hubz wants another child though! I don't know if that will happen, but at least I want to get a head start. I figure I'm not getting any younger.

It's great to find a group of 35+ parents!  Around here (Northern California) it's all suburbs so parents are much younger than me. One of my high school classmates is a grandma! 

I'm just so grateful to be a mom. Never thought I'd get here!

• Welcome and congrats!  There's a lot to be said for being an older parent.   More pluses than minuses, IMO.

And as for your friends who are grandparents... ALMOST ALL of my high school friends are grandparents or have college aged kids!   I'm from a very small town, tho, so that probably makes a difference.  Population 1500... and that was big for the area.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageanchiba:
    Hello! I'm a first time mom to a wonderful little son who just turned one! I turned 40 in February and wanted to meet with other parents over 35. Right now I stay at home with my boy but when he gets bigger he'll be going to our family's preschool (my mother's the director) where I used to work, and hopefully then I can go back to grad school to get my masters. I'm originally from Sri Lanka (a country near India) but grew up most of my life in California.Big Smile

Over 35  check

little baby  check

Come on in the water is fine over here. 

What are you working on your Master's in?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello, Welcome, Namaste!!!

My LO will also be turning one (in June) but I'm still on the fence about having a party.

• steverstever member

Hi and welcome!

I'm hoping to return to grad school when my boys start school as well :)

And, on a random note, one of my parents' best friends when I was little is from Sri Lanka.

• Welcome!  I'm pretty new to this board myself, but it is a great group of ladies!
    Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• KL777KL777 member
    Welcome!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Hello, and welcome! I grew up in California, too :) 
  • Hello! Thank you all so much for the warm welcome -- made my day!Big Smile

Sorry to be kind of late in my reply, but we've been running around like headless chickens trying to get stuff together for the first birthday party tomorrow. Still have to make cupcakes ... gaaah!

But I just have to say it's wonderful to meet other parents my age! Sometimes I feel so isolated over here.  I'm glad to be part of this group!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"