November 2012 Moms

Worst Prenancy Brain Mishap

I have heard lots of stories about people doing silly things while pregnant due to "pregnancy brain" What is your worst mishap?

Mine has got to be sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change and going when the light turned to go straight. I had to cut the lady off in the lane next to me. I pulled up to her at the next light and apologized cause I felt like such a dork. Mine isn't too terrible, I'm just glad there were no cops around. 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Worst Prenancy Brain Mishap

• Probably when I was shopping with DS and I shut my purse with the keys in it in the trunk of the car.

Yep.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • you can add spelling pregnancy wrong in this post to my list haha
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't done anything too bad yet.  The worst thing I've done so far was put something in the oven and then not realize until about 30 minutes later that I hadn't even turned the oven on.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I  have just been forgetting everything even when people are like we just had this conversation and I am like what, I don't remember this...
  • imageEmeraldEyedLady:
    I haven't done anything too bad yet.  The worst thing I've done so far was put something in the oven and then not realize until about 30 minutes later that I hadn't even turned the oven on.  

This made me LOL. My recurring mishap is leaving out random words when I'm typing or, even better, when I'm talking. There's no pause where the word should have been or anything. At least I can usually correct it when I'm typing. When I'm talking, people are like, "you wanna try that again?" DH especially thinks it's hilarious and makes fun of me, which just makes it worse!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • I burnt my grilled cheese twice in a row.. that's it so far.

• imageEmeraldEyedLady:
    I haven't done anything too bad yet.  The worst thing I've done so far was put something in the oven and then not realize until about 30 minutes later that I hadn't even turned the oven on.  

I did this with my crock pot. I turned it on before leaving for work and hours later realized I never plugged it into the wall outlet!! 

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do dumb stuff daily, but the funniest by far is when I decided to paint my own nails. I totally forgot to paint one pinky nail. I mean I had COATS of polish on all of my other nails and not ONE on the pinky nail...it took me days to even realize it! I am so glad I decided to go with a pale glitter polish so at least it wasn't noticeable to others!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Last week I walked to my car to go to work without shoes on.
    imageimageimage"Image">image
  • I gave DS a bath earlier in the evening and later when DH went to take his shower I asked him if he wanted to give DS a bath first. He just looked at me until I realized what I'd said.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I made a sandwich for my DH to bring with him to work.  I got a phone call later telling me that I forgot to put a piece of bread on the top of the sandwich!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • It's definitely not a "worst" moment, but I find it funny... My husband and I left our two kids with some friends while we went out on a date. While we were waiting to be seated, I was talking about how we could get alcoholic drinks... I was thinking of how I wouldn't have to breastfeed for a while. I rarely drink anyway, but we had a gift card, so I was thinking "why not?" Anyway, he just looked at me and said he'd probably get a beer, but I couldn't drink. I asked why not, because I didn't have to worry about feeding the baby, and he just looked at me and said, "you're pregnant." Pregnancy brain made me forget I was pregnant! (Granted, I was only 10 weeks at the time, and not feeling or looking very pregnant),
  • Every time my DH and I leave our house to go "wherever", I drive... so usually I always have the keys. I always go out the door first, but in the last three months as soon as he shuts the [locked] door behind us, I immediately realize, "Schnikeys! I don't have the keys! Don't sh....", but it's too late. I have locked us out of our house THREE times in under three months. Each time he has to tear a screen off a window, and fight over our three dogs that try to escape, as he is trying to climb back into the house. But hey, after the second time, he really should have taken the initiative and hidden a key OUTSIDE.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sending an IM to my co-worker regarding how much of a B**** my boss was that day...only to see that I had sent it to my boss....yeah, not good.
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLaura_Elaine:
    It's definitely not a "worst" moment, but I find it funny... My husband and I left our two kids with some friends while we went out on a date. While we were waiting to be seated, I was talking about how we could get alcoholic drinks... I was thinking of how I wouldn't have to breastfeed for a while. I rarely drink anyway, but we had a gift card, so I was thinking "why not?" Anyway, he just looked at me and said he'd probably get a beer, but I couldn't drink. I asked why not, because I didn't have to worry about feeding the baby, and he just looked at me and said, "you're pregnant." Pregnancy brain made me forget I was pregnant! (Granted, I was only 10 weeks at the time, and not feeling or looking very pregnant),

That is hilarious!  I had the opposite, I was saying how much I wanted a daquiri one day and my husband said we'll let's go get one. I looked at him and said I'm pregnant! He had forgotten. 

• Put a pizza in the oven...took my son outside to play only to come in a smoky house an hour later smelling like burnt charcol.  Im an idiot LOL
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• imageQuintonsMummah:
    Sending an IM to my co-worker regarding how much of a B**** my boss was that day...only to see that I had sent it to my boss....yeah, not good.

LOL, whoopsie! 

Mine is embarrassing and TMI, but today I noticed that I had some...uh...fertile-looking CM and thought to myself "oh neat, I must be ovulating". It took me a minute to recall that one doesn't normally ovulate while pregnant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"