March 2012 Moms
Options

Baby hate sleeping on his back!!! Help please!

My 8 week old just hates sleeping on his back! He has been sleeping in a rock and play at night and during the day he takes naps in the swing(turned off) and for a couple weeks now I'be trying to put him down for his naps in the crib but he will not stay. I tried to put him down drowsy, completely sleep, awake and nothing works! I need to figure out what to do because I will be going back to work in 4 weeks and at the daycare he will be taking naps in crib.He eats good and also sleeps goods at night.Has anybody experienced this with their LO's? 

Re: Baby hate sleeping on his back!!! Help please!

• Options
    Yes.  Same here.  It's still a little early to be too worried, I think.  I'm going to start trying to transition her in a couple of weeks.  We've got some feeding issues to iron out, and I want to be more comfortable with her schedule first.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOL! I'm sorry but you do know when you LO starts rolling over they will eventually end up on their tummies when sleeping, playing, etc!  There is nothing you can do about it.   Plus, if your like me, our parents were told to put us on our tummies and guess what I'm writing on this post!!!  If your that worried get the device to put under the crib that will tell you if they stop breathing or have SIDS.  It also works under the PNP (that have nets).  I understand your concern but honestly when our kids are grown and have their own it will probably be "oh, they need to sleep on their tummies"! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS takes most of his naps and some of his night time sleep in the bouncy seat, so more upright. I guess it's a state regulation (for our state) that they sleep on a flat surface at a daycare center, so he sleeps like crap at daycare. Honestly, that's fine. When he's there, he's all theirs. If he's grouchy...well then that's their problem to deal with, KWIM? He sleeps great at night after a day at daycare!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    kleenokleeno member
    We moved DS to the crib from the RNP at 8 weeks. He would hate laying flat. but at my moms and daycare they have cribs that he has to sleep in. We have been using the Swaddle Me blanket/sleeper at all three locations and he seems to like this. The first night was rough, but since then he has been almost sleeping through the night. I would test out naps during the day in the crib, even if it's just for 15-30mins. Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had this issue as well. My LO slept in his rock 'n' play for the first month, and we tried doing naps in his crib during the day, but he kept waking himself up after 20 minutes or so. One day while my mom was watching him, she put him on his tummy and he slept  for 4 hours straight. Ever since then, he has slept on his tummy and in his crib. I can put him down wide awake and he puts himself to sleep. He does scoot around on his belly and I have to rescue him from the corners once in a while. Have you tried putting him on his tummy? He might sleep much better in his crib that way. If you're worried about it, sit in your glider/rocker and keep an eye on him :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"