August 2012 Moms

Who's more uncomfortable the second (or more) time?

I was pretty sick for 16 weeks with my first pregnancy but then felt pretty good until the very end, like 37+ weeks. This time I was more sick until 16 weeks, lost 10 lbs this time, only 5 last time. But since about 27 weeks I am so much more uncomfortable then I was the first time. TMI, but my vag is swollen, my pubic bone aches, I have a varicose vein or two on my labia. I am not sleeping already! I think I am driving my husband crazy because I'm complaining but I'm just surprised by how much more exhausted and uncomfortable I am this time.

Last time I was like the happy pregnant woman! It might have something to do with having a 22 month old to care for, but I'm wondering if I am the only one?

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012

Re: Who's more uncomfortable the second (or more) time?

• Grins04Grins04 member

I feel like I'm at 34 weeks last time, not 27 weeks.  I can barely breathe and I'm huge.  Then my hips and lady bits hurt (something I didn't experience the first time around). 

The first time around though I had morning sickness 24/7 the entire pregnancy and this time it's a fraction of that (though I still have trouble at times).  Last time I had PUPPPS rash in third tri, so I'm really, really, really hoping to avoid that this time around.  I'd much rather have the above than to have that rash...but as for body aches and pains - yes, I'm MUCH more uncomfortable (and bigger) this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This one is worse. My hips hurt, back hurts, lady bits hurt, and boobs grew way faster and more than (2 sizes) last time. And my last pregnancy was 5 yrs ago.... the only bonus is all my weight is sticking to my stomach and boobs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Much worse this time.  Sore privates, bloating, worst nipple pain ever.  I would be ok if my husband never touched me again.  TMI but I can't even wear my underwear.  The leg holes are cutting into my bloat.
  • Yeah, I feel like I've been 2 months ahead of schedule this whole pregnancy.  I definitely feel like I'm about 34+ wks, but only 27.  Man, its gonna be a long 3rd tri.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was actually just coming on to check in and complain about my vagina! It is so sore. I don't know how DH expects me to have sex with him. Everything is hurting and I'm freaking huge!!!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • DH and I joke that Noah was the perfect fetus. I was never "big and uncomfortable", never got sick or felt exhausted, never bled or had issues. 

<br>

<br>

With this one, I have been in the hospital 6 times, twice from morning sickness, bled, had contractions, insomnia, can't breathe/move/anything without feeling uncomfortable or in pain and my m/s is back. Plus I have bad swelling, my feet seem to have lost their arches and my hips feel like they are going to break. 

• With DS I had terrible m/s until 16 weeks, this time I was only sick for a few days around 6 weeks. Besides that, the pains are the same. I just feel like everything started hurting a lot sooner. I already feel like I did the during the last few weeks of my first pregnancy. I'm sure the next 10 weeks will get harder. :/

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Ugh, I'm right there with a ya. Everything hurts more and sooner. I thought for sure this one would be easier since my body has done this before, but no apparently my son did some work to my pelvic bone.
  • I feel like I may become "that" woman in this thread, but my 3rd pregnancy was my worst. I gained a LOT of weight, quickly- and wasn't really active at all. I have been running for 3 years now, and I notice that the days when I get in a quick work-out I feel MUCH better! I'm not swollen, I don't have any back pain, etc.... that being said, YES- my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies were much worse than my first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel ya!  I don't remember being this uncomfortable during my first pregnancy until the very end......might just have to do with chasing a toddler around all day long now!  When I was pregnant with DS1, I just went to work, came home, and spent every evening on the couch!  This time around, I'm on the move all day--exhausted and ready for bed when DS goes at 8:00!
  • OMG!!! all of the above!!! This second one is something else, I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • ::raises hand::

I'm so much more uncomfortable this time.  With DS#1, I LOVED being pregnant & didn't have any issues/aches/pains until 38 weeks.  

So far this time, something always hurts.  All.The.Time.  If it's not my nearly-crippling sciatica, it's my pelvis (feels like it's going to crack in half).  DS#2 is frank breech this time too (well, he was as of a couple of weeks ago), so he's all up in my ribs & I have to sit up super straight...

Oh & sleeping sucks this time too.  My hips hurt so bad!

I told DH last night that I'm already ready to be done being pregnant...I just want my body & my normal range of motion back!

DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • I am also in this club.  My first pregnancy was pretty perfect and almost nothing other than heartburn to complain about. Now, in all honesty, I know this time is not that bad but compared to my first one, it kind of sucks.  Terrible heartburn again but also feeling huge already, swollen vag, intermittent pelvic pressure and pain and all of it is mostly stressing me out because I keep thinking WTH is the last month going to be like??

• The first time I felt terrible until 12 weeks exactly and threw up a couple times.  Had horrible first tri acne.  After that felt wonderful until about 36 weeks when I just felt done.  This time I never threw up but felt like a trainwreck every day until about 16 weeks.  No acne. 

First time sciatic nerve pain was way worse from early on.  This time its not bad yet.  Heartburn has been bad both times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the same way you do, at the same time. I'm walking like an old lady and I'm just tired and generally uncomfortable all. the. time. My last day of work is the 13th and I can't freaking wait. 
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"