February 2013 Moms

I planned on waiting.

To tell my FI about baby number two but he found my test this morning. He's super excited but we both decided to wait to tell our familes because we're worried they will be negative about this pregnancy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I planned on waiting.

• Congrats on the BFP and my thought on family being negative... they'll get over it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • i know how you feel. with my DS, when we told my MIL her first words were "well you know, its still early, something could still happen".

way to be supportive woman!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSparrowBlue:

i know how you feel. with my DS, when we told my MIL her first words were "well you know, its still early, something could still happen".

That is horrible! Sorry you had to hear that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • imageSparrowBlue:

i know how you feel. with my DS, when we told my MIL her first words were "well you know, its still early, something could still happen".

Thats terrible. With my first my mom asked me if I could get an abortion. She takes it all back now because she loves her grand baby but I understood since I was 21 at te time. So I hoping people will be supportive. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • May I ask why they might be negative?  You can tell me if it none of my business ;)

I can't imagine parents not being happy, unless it is a 15 year old who is still in high school.  Our parents will be THRILLED when we tell them.  It will be the first grand-baby in the family on both sides, and both sets of parents have been asking for one for years.

Sorry you might have someone be a downer on such a great time :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!  Sometimes I am wrong and my family surprises me with their kindness.  I hope yours turns out to be supportive!
  • imageNicoleN82:

May I ask why they might be negative?  You can tell me if it none of my business ;)

I can't imagine parents not being happy, unless it is a 15 year old who is still in high school.  Our parents will be THRILLED when we tell them.  It will be the first grand-baby in the family on both sides, and both sets of parents have been asking for one for years.

We already have an 18month old so I think people will think this is to soon to have another. So im hoping to let people know around 12-14 weeks. 

• imagemhbraymer:
    imageNicoleN82:

May I ask why they might be negative?  You can tell me if it none of my business ;)

We already have an 18month old so I think people will think this is to soon to have another. So im hoping to let people know around 12-14 weeks. 

I see.

I'm sure they will be happy...most people I know from my generation were all born with 2 years of each other. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! And no matter how your family reacts now, when that baby comes, they will love it so  much!
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!! Very exciting. I hope your family isn't negative like you think they will be. Hopefully they'll come around if they are. No fun dealing with that. Tongue Tied
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm definitely dealing with this, too, and I just keep reminding myself that 9 months from now when they hold their grandbaby, they will regret ever feeling negative about it. And that's all on them.
    22_heiresslightened Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I told my parents today and they were kinda disappointed but I think they just need some time to let it all process. Hoping my FIs parents take the news better.
  • imagemhbraymer:
    I told my parents today and they were kinda disappointed but I think they just need some time to let it all process. Hoping my FIs parents take the news better.

Sorry they didn't take it better Sad 

• bummer! I'm sad they're not excited for you :(
  • I'm sorry your family wasn't more excited for you.  My first 2 are 14 months apart and my family didn't react negatively, but they weren't jumping up and down either.  I believe my Dad's first words were "You guys know how that happens, right?"  So embarrassing!  They will definitely come around.

PS-like PP said, I don't think that age gap is all that uncommon.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"