Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Nursery Organization--Ikea STUVA

Hello there!

I'm pregnant with b/g twins and am trying to figure out the nursery needs.  We will be in a new house (that I haven't seen yet) so the plans need to be flexible.

I'm looking at the Ikea STUVA combinations:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18837/

But I just have no idea how much stuff they will have or what we will need.  What furniture did you find most helpful?  Hanging things like a wardrobe?  Or shelf space?  What about a toy box? Brag about your nursery! I'd love to see pictures!

I've heard this furniture is durable and I like the prices.  I'm just trying to figure out what furniture combinations will be the best.  TIA!

Re: Nursery Organization--Ikea STUVA

• Options

I find bins that are various sizes best.  toy boxes are disorganized and just store the toys- no child ever goes in them.  trust me. 

lolololo
  • Options

As an anal-retentive Mama, I have taught my child to put toys away in her toy box, baskets, shelves, etc.  You CAN make all of those happen (I think we started teaching DD when she was about 14 months old - she's much better now).  I like a variety of sizes for keeping toys, because you have all shapes and sizes. 

We have 2 tall sets of shelves for DD - one is mainly books (it's insane how many books we have for her) and we JUST bought a set of "boxed" storage shelves for her FP toys from our childhood...we want everything to have a place to go back to.  It's, again, anal-retentive but every night we have a place to put things back.

We also have smaller toys in baskets in a coffee table from Ikea.  Since you linked us to the GB Ikea, I'm guessing you're shopping there?  If so, it looks like the coffee table we have, you can't get.  But we love having storage in a variety of places throughout the house.  Baskets really are your friend!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    We have the Stuva and love it!  We have the single white cabinet with two (birch) drawers on the bottom (for toys) and two shelves (for books).  His room is quite small (about 10 ft by 10 ft) but we also have the Poang rocker in birch w/ leather cushion, birch Gulliver crib and white 3-drawer Hemnes dresser for his clothes and blankets.  He has closet space too for hanging clothes plus two big canvas bins for stuffed animals.  We also use a few closet shelves for extra diapers, wipes, bedsheets, etc.  Most of his toys and books though really go in the Stuva and the Expedit in our living room.  Other than that, we really don't have toys around the house.  We live in a small place and like to keep it contained.  Our son's Ikea furniture has held up VERY well.  It looks great and we're so glad we didn't have to pay more.  Congrats on your babies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"