September 2012 Moms
Options

Baby on bladder or possible UTI?

Im not sure if this is normal....maybe someone can help me out. I keep getting the urge to pee...feels like every 5 mins, and once in the restroom, its a very small amount that actually comes out, but not followed by the sharp razor blade pain that i remember from having a UTI years ago. Could this just be baby on my bladder? Its been going on for a couple days, but espically annoying this evening. Please let me know if you have experienced this and/or possible things to try for relief. (Posted from my Nook...sorry if grammer spelling errors)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby on bladder or possible UTI?

• Options

My LO uses my bladder as a pillow, and his own personal bouncy castle when it's full, as evidenced by my ultrasound next week.  So I get that feeling, but it's not consistently every 5 minutes.  It depends on how interested he is in playing trampoline.

It is worth mentioning to your dr, just to get it checked out to be on the safe side. 

Little B 9.20.12
  • Options

It definitely sounds like a UTI to me. I have gotten UTI's frequently for years and I have never had any sharp razor pains with mine. Everyones symptoms are different. I would go to the doc so they can do a urine test and they will most likely give you an antibiotic if there is bacteria in the urine. I have already had one UTI and one bladder infection during this pregnancy. I'm not saying this to scare you but infections can cause PPROM/pre-term labor. My OB office takes them very seriously. I also didn't know this until I called and went into the office and the nurse freaked me out. LOL

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And the only thing that makes it feel better is when LO moves.  Sometimes I will try to poke him to encourage him to move, which sometimes works.  Most of the time I just deal with it, even though it's irritating.
    Little B 9.20.12
  • Options
    I feel like its UTI but everytime i mention a concern to my OBGYN his response is always "yep! Thats normal with preg"...even when i had two marble lumps under my arm, which after he blew off as "normal", went and got a 2nd opion, turned out to be MRSA! I was not happy when i then had to have them drained since waited on getting an answer to that issue! I will be making an appt first thing tomorrow....now going to try and attempt sleep, even though feel like i need to sleep in the bathroom!
  • Options
    I am having the same issue but my urine test came back negative for UTI.  I guess our LO is just pushing on my bladder.  I would call your dr just in case........I just simply when in and gave a urine sample then left :) It's so frustrating when you know there's more in there but it won't come out!
  • Options

Mine also tested negative...and of course my doctor said "completely normal for being preg"...when i pee, it feels like my insides are falling out -- sorry kindof graphic, but it hurts! His response, "now youre getting the hang of it"...jesus! He makes me feel like a hypochondriac!! Thankfully my BF realized there was something really wrong when I only slept about 1.5 hours last night and sent me a dozen roses....if this is going to continue for the next 4 months...Im not going to last!! OK -- done venting...plus I have to go pee, AGAIN! :)

• Options

I had this about 2 weeks ago. Dr gave me an antibiotic and within the week I felt 1000 times better. It may be a bladded infection that's starting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"