September 2012 Moms

Maternity models

...seriously irk me. Perhaps not the models themselves, but the images. I mean our whole lives we've been told that models are seriously not the norm, and add to that an infinite amount of image retouching. So I far more easily discount their appearance. But the itty-bitty-ness and the perfectly ball shaped bellies of the maternity models really just make me frustrated. Seriously, how do they have boobs, absolutely no meat on their thighs, and look very very pregnant?!
Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

Re: Maternity models

• Manx4Manx4 member

Haha - I know, some women are truly blessed - they look fantastic no matter what.  I have a friend who looked amazing before, during and after pregnancy.  If she wasn't so nice, I'd hate her for it.  haha. 

My sister took pictures this weekend of us all at the beach and when I saw my arms, I wanted to cringe.  They're starting to get bigger...oh well.  It's not forever.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Seriously!  One of my very good friends is 8 1/2 months right now and she went from a size XS to a Small and I went from a M to an XL.  She has this perfect cute prego body and bump...doesn't look prego from behind.  Meanwhile my bump looks like a set of bicycle tires and I've gained weight all over. Jealous much? Yes I am.

• Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    One of my friends had a baby this weekend and posted a picture on FB on them leaving the hospital.  Her hair was perfect and she had on a fitted tank top. She looked amazing, I wanted to kill her.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Don't forget that they have no stretch marks. I don't have any yet, but my belly is not this sleek, glowing thing that theirs are airbrushed to be. I have soft peach fuzz all over and my skin is looking blotchy and tired. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • samk213samk213 member
    I've always thought the models wore the fake bellies.  I suppose the swimsuit models could really be pregnant or it's photoshopped.
  • imageManx4:

Haha - I know, some women are truly blessed - they look fantastic no matter what.  I have a friend who looked amazing before, during and after pregnancy.  If she wasn't so nice, I'd hate her for it.  haha. 

My sister took pictures this weekend of us all at the beach and when I saw my arms, I wanted to cringe.  They're starting to get bigger...oh well.  It's not forever.  

I had beach pics taken this past weekend too and I was like "holy moly I am getting fat all over!!"  I know it's not forever but I have been working out 5 days a week.........I realize now I need to lay off the sweets LOL! Oh and the lady at Motherhood Maternity did confirm that those are fake bellies in their ad..........of course they look awesome!

• I totally agree!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • My personal favorite

• imagejworkman1980:
    .  ! Oh and the lady at Motherhood Maternity did confirm that those are fake bellies in their ad..........of course they look awesome!

You would think they could put some of those nice fake bellies in their dressing rooms.  The ones they have in there look straight up deformed.   

• imageMrsAB1316:

imagejworkman1980:
    .  ! Oh and the lady at Motherhood Maternity did confirm that those are fake bellies in their ad..........of course they look awesome!

You would think they could put some of those nice fake bellies in their dressing rooms.  The ones they have in there look straight up deformed.   

You've got that right!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"