Stay at Home Moms
Options

concieving after removing implanon

I have no idea where to post this, so I guess I will start here.  If anyone has other ideas that would be great too ;) We are trying to decide when we want to have my implanon removed.  Right now we are thinking January sounds good, that way DD would be around 2 even if we got pregnant right away.  (DH loves the idea of trying to plan #2 to be the same day as DD's birthday or close-I really don't like that though!)

Anyway, I am wondering if any of you have had quick or delayed success after removing the implanon?  I stopped Yaz in Nov of 10' and became pregnant in January of 11' but I know not every TTC experience is the same.  I have heard all kinds of horror stories of infertility after implanon.  But I'm thinking it's just something that is a person by person thing.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: concieving after removing implanon

• Options
    It took us 5 cycles of active charting to get pregnant with dd after bcp and 5 cycles after mirena removal. Not the same method, but similar enough.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my implanon removed in mid-June and was pregnant by the end of July with my first LO.  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am currently using Implanon, but not for typical birth control (DH had a vasectomy), I used it to help control my Endometriosis. It actally stopped really working for me after a year, so my GYN just had do a Depo Provera shot to stop me from cycle on Implanon. She said Implanon is much lower dose then Depo, but the same medication, it is usually effective because it is giving a constant dose, where as Depo gives you to max does in the beginning and then dwindles over the next 12 weeks. Sorry for all the detail but I do have a point. I was on Depo for 10 years before I went off to have my twins. During that 10 years I didn't have a period at all, never cycled. It took my cycle about 8-9 months to come back to normal. So since Implanon is a much lower dose and doesn't sound like you have been on it for a decade like I was with Depo, I would imagine you would start cycling within a couple of months. I would also be prepared that if you go off in January you could very well get pregnant in February or March, some people are like that. But don't get discouraged if it takes you a couple of months to get your cycle back to normal.

Good luck with the baby making! I am soo jealous, I would love to have 1 more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"