September 2012 Moms
Options

worker-outers a ?

When I get up from sit ups I immediately get a cramp. Anyone else? I am finding that I do my ab workout, then I have to roll onto my belly, up on all fours, then get up. Then the cramp is at least very mild. 

So is it the sitting up or the getting up? Time to move to planks only? I will ask my OB, but my next appointment isn't for 2 weeks. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: worker-outers a ?

• Options

It is low. It quite possibly could be RLP, but it feels more intense than my normal RLP pains. 

It is after sudden movements though, so like you said, it makes sense. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I scaled back the ab workouts after doing some research...my doc said you want to avoid situps and crunches starting in the 2nd tri to avoid a seperation of the muscles. So I've just been doing planks and stuff on the exercise balls. But other people say ab work is fine, so who knows. Sounds just like more intense RLP anyway...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejabutler14:
    I scaled back the ab workouts after doing some research...my doc said you want to avoid situps and crunches starting in the 2nd tri to avoid a seperation of the muscles. So I've just been doing planks and stuff on the exercise balls. But other people say ab work is fine, so who knows. Sounds just like more intense RLP anyway...

Jabutler is right.....gotta stop some of those abdominal exercises because your abdomen is doing all it can do hold everything together at this point.  Abdominal separation stinks, and it can hurt in several places.  Maybe abstain from the situps for a few days and see if anything else causes these pains?  I am pretty sure you can still do plankwork, but the situps really do put unnecessary pressure on the abs.  (I had separated abs after my first baby.....incline pushups made me feel like my insides would spill out onto the floor....horrible feeling)

imagejabutler14:
    This!
  • Options

My ob also told me not to do any exercises on my back anymore after 2nd trimester. . . bench presses, situps etc. I signed up with a pregnancy certified trainer at my gym for the day to get some exercises I could do for this trimester. Like the other posters, I've switched more to regular planks, the plank where opposite arm and leg is lifted, and sitting on an exercise ball then leaning to each side to work the sides.

Best advice the trainer gave me was to get a heart rate monitor to make sure my heart rate doesn't go above 155 which I didn' t know how quickly I could get into that range before.

There are also some video clips you can watch online to do things at home or in the gym. I've liked the ones Tracy Anderson did with Molly Sims, but I'll just youtube pregnancy workouts too so I can switch it up.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"