Two Under 2

Help, please!

Has anyone attempted to potty train with two under 2? How do you find the time to give your potty trainee enough attention?  My 8 month old is not happy about being left alone- and the result is just chaos as we try to work on it (see my blog for details, www.mommaamy.com). 

I would really appreciate any tips or guidance you might be willing to give.  Thank you!!!

Re: Help, please!

• We have a small potty upstairs and down for dd. DS mostly is in the way but we try to make it work. Typically he follows us to the bathroom and unrolls the tp, drinks the dogs water bowl, or tries to splash I the toilet and I try to do as much damage control as I can while helping dd. it's not perfect but we make it work. He has toys in the bathroom to help distract him but he isn't interested. I have now baby proofed everything I can (tp holder so he can't unroll, lock on the toilet) and have her sit on the little potty. 

He also benefits with candy when she does go to the bathroom.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would start out by having a weekend solely dedicated to potty training...no other distractions. Then put your H in charge of the potty time, and you and your younger one leave the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"