Trying to Get Pregnant

Talk to me about yeast infections

I've only had 1 in my life, several years ago. I never itched or had the discharge that is always described. I just HURT.

So, I was on 2 antibiotics last week and of course, 11dpo, I'm getting itchy down there! Ugh. Creamy cm and no crazy discharge stuff, but itchy. I've heard antibiotics can do that.   Anybody had one during the 2ww? Can I use the over the counter stuff safely (I left a message for my dr but it's kind of killing me.lol)

Thanks!

Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
*Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
*FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
*FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
*FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
*Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3

Re: Talk to me about yeast infections

• I would recommend getting some good yogurt, and eating it morning and night. Frankly, I usually do that when I am on antibiotics, not after, and it prevents any infections. You can also get some probiotics from trader joes (the refridgerated kind) and take those. I dont see how this would be bad for ttgp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Believe me, antibiotics can do that.  OTC stuff in the mean time, AZO yeast is decent, also PROBIOTICS!! Pump yourself full of probiotics.

• Loading the player...
  • Every single time I take antibiotics, I get one.  Agree with what PPs said about probiotics, and I'd definitely start taking them ASAP.  

However, you're probably at a point where you need some Monistat too, because the probiotics are more preventive, in my experience.  If you go that route, I'm betting you keep that pesky YI until AF comes.  

If you're really freaked about taking Monistat though, just take the probiotics and keep holding on until AF comes and it'll clear right up when your body pH changes because of AF.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks girls. I feel fortunate that I've gone 25 years without having to know this stuff! lol Do you think there's any harm in the Monistat if I, somehow, don't have a yeast infection? I've never had this type of itch before but I'm a worry wort. Smile
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • I took monistat while pregnant.
  • I get yeast infections, guaranteed, every time I'm on an antibiotic. I usually just use the over the counter Monistat 3-day. I also vote for the yogurt. I eat a Chobani yogurt everyday, and that actually seems to help the yeast infections become less severe and easier to treat. 
  • General Nutrition Center has a Refresh Kit that you take for two days.  It is packed with 150 CFU of good bacteria.  It is like 30 bucks, but the strongest stuff I have been able to find.  It's easier than eating yogurt to me.  I get tired of it.  Then you can take just a regular probiotic, with at least 25 CFU.
  • My obgyn has given me diflucan in the past. It's one pill and provides real relief!
  • I think monistat makes a yeast infection test kit now, so you can test to see if that is what it actually is before you start treating it.  But if you just came off antibiotics then it seems like theres a strong chance thats what it is!  
  • If you're totally sure it's a yeast infection, I'm giving away the best secret ever: GARLIC.

SERIOUSLY. Garlic suppositories clear yeast in a matter of 1-3 days for me. I have even made external relief mixes from olive oil + garlic as well as plain yogurt +garlic to soothe the skin; it doesn't make my skin thin and itchy like monistat. It works very well for me even though it sounds strange at first.

• Thanks girls. I was going to the store last night to get that yeast infection test (I think Vagisal makes one) but I fell asleep at 7:30pm!! Ugh. Af is due today or tomorrow and then I can't test, so I'm going asap after work. Thanks for the advice and I'll also pick up some yogurt and probiotics!

Our Novel of TTC:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"