Multiples
Options

Eating prior to 1-hour GT screen

Hi All,

I am scheduled for my 1-hr test tomorrow morning.  I have received mixed advice about whether I'm supposed to eat beforehand or not.  Test is set for 8:30am.  I don't want to mess up the results, but it seems like there are different ideas about whether or not to eat beforehand and what to avoid.  What were you all told to do for your one hour screen?  I'll be 28 weeks with my twins on Saturday.  Thanks!

Re: Eating prior to 1-hour GT screen

• Options
    I didn't eat.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    Eating shouldn't matter.  If you are concerned, ask your OB.
    Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't told to follow any special diet requirements/fasting before the 1 hour test. I ate in the morning (including chocolate cake leftover from my birthday dinner the night before Big Smile) and had my test around noon and passed! GL
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Check out my blog: DesperateGenie.com
  • Options
    I had scrambled eggs and a glass of milk, and, thankfully, passed
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    I wasn't given any special instructions about eating. I had an English muffin and butter and a piece of cheese. I failed it, but I don't think that had anything to do with what I ate. :)  I would avoid fruit juices or fruit before the test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wasn't given instructions on food for the 1 hour. Ended up not eating after 8 pm the night before (12 hours fasting). Still failed. 

With 3-hour, I was told nothing by mouth after midnight the night before the test (8 hours fasting, minimum). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am having mine done in 2 weeks and the instructions I were given was to eat a protein based breakfast with little carbs. They said an egg McMuffin from McDonalds is a perfect example. Eat the egg and one half of the English muffin. No Milk, Juice, cheese or butter.  All contain sugar. If you want to make your own egg at home, thats cool too. Just dont make it scrambled with milk. :)

Hope that helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine was at 1:30pm. My OB said it was okay for me to eat before. There's no way I would have been able to not eat all morning. I passed so it turned out fine.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"