TTC After a Loss
Options

New to this board and a question

Hi ladies. i had a question for you all but i figure i will introduce myself first..my husband and i miscarried at just 5w3d this past mothers day so its been over 2 weeks and we are in very good spirits. also, i am so sorry for your losses..truly, i am. my question is for those of you that chart and know when they ovulate...did you guys have a normal period/ovulation after your m/c. i have been charting and i still havent o'd...my usually o is from cd14-17..just was wondering what to expect..thank you all for any advice/thoughts. also, sorry about no caps, im bumping from my phone.

Re: New to this board and a question

• Options

Hi there--sorry for your loss.

There is a wonderful blog at the top of the page that addresses this question and many others so check it out when you get a chance.  Smile

As far as your question, MCs do a number on your cycle and it's fairly common to have anovulatory cycles afterwards, a delay before AF returns, and longer or shorter cycles than you had prior to your loss.

HTH!

TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • Options
    EKGibsEKGibs member
    so sorry for your loss. my cycle turned back to normal exactly 28 days after my m/c but dont expect that. I was just lucky I guess. cycles can be very wonky after a m/c so its good you're charting. welcome to the board!
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wow..i really did not know this. i heard that it is common to have regular cycles after m/c...i am so glad i posted this. thanks ladies. also, where is the blog
  • Options
    On the main board page, it is at the top of the page where the information about the board is.  Also, if you lurk through some of the other posts, many ladies have a link to the blog in their siggy. 

So sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here.  I hope your stay here is short and sweet.  I do not chart currently, only use OPKs.  I used cytotec to induce my m/c and I had my first period around 4 weeks after my m/c.  I had a positive OPK today at cycle day 14, but this doesn't guarantee I'll ovulate.  So far, my cycle has seemed on track still but you'll read in the blog it can do wonky things to your cycle and many women have had MUCH different experiences.
    imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • Options
    April!April! member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had an anovulatory cycle after my miscarriage, and didn't get my period until 6 weeks after. I think if you have a D&C you get back to normal faster, but if you have a natural or medical MC it takes a bit longer. I'm now in my third cycle and it seems that I'm O'ing a few days later than usual, but everything else seems back to normal.

The blog *is* a great resource. Definitely check it out if you haven't! :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    klbowieklbowie member

Welcome to the board.  I am sorry for you loss. I am currently 63 CD with no AF insight.  I still have high betas.  There is no normal after a mc. 

The blog is located at the top of the board.  It is TTCAL Blog.  Just click on it and it will take you there!

BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any charting advice or experience as I am new to it. I just wanted to stop and say that I am sorry for your loss. ((HUGS)) and welcome. I hope your stay here is short and sweet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • Options

Welcome to the board, so sorry for you loss.

Check out our TTCAL blog- in my siggy Smile

To answer your question, I've O'd later a few times and O'd on time a few times.  The times I've O'd later is (likely) because I started off with hCG in the 100s, whereas my last two losses they never got over 100.  HTH Smile 

ETA:  I just browsed the PPs and I didn't see this, forgive me if I missed it, but also on the blog are polls ladies TTCAL have participated in so you can see other's experiences in stats Smile

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    Sorry for your loss and welcome!
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I had my first mc on April 15th and was eagerly awaiting AF. I normally have long cycles (38 days), but it took about 45+ for her to finally get here this week. I'm hoping everything goes back to normal soon, but I know that might not be the case.
  • Options
    DaisyZHDaisyZH member

I'm so sorry for your loss, welcome to the board.  I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

I charted for a bit after my first loss and my cycles were super wacky.  I think it took a few months for things to even out.  I know it's frustrating though when you're charting and waiting to ovulate, especially when it's taking longer than normal. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    vflipovflipo member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's normal to not ovulate or have an abnormal cycle after miscarriage.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss, and welcome to the board.  To answer your question, periods can get very wonky after a MC, so I am very glad that you are charting.  The cycle after my first MC I was charting, but I never ovulated that cycle, and thats not too uncommon to have happen.  My cycle length changed a little bit and the period length, no idea what will happen after this MC, so we'll see on that.  I honestly don't know what to tell you to expect, except to say anything and everything, for some people they go right back to their "normal"  for others not so much.  I hope that your stay here on the board is short and sweet.
    BFP #1 on 11/28/2011 Miscarriage on 12/28/2011; BFP #2 on 1/27/2012; Natural Miscarriage at 10 weeks on 3/10/2012; BFP #3 on 5/10/2012; Miscarriage on 5/24/2012; BFP #4 on 11/20/2012 due 7/28/2013---Miscarriage 12/21/2012
  • Options
    Mmm79Mmm79 member
    I'm sorry for your loss, but welcome to the Board.  These women have given great advice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Options
    Thanks, ladies! You all have been very nice and very helpful! I appreciate it Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"