Cloth Diapering
Options

CD Guilty Splurge...someone make me feel better!

Ok, so I'm new to CD, and our first baby is due in October (woot). After researching everything out there and wanting every kind of diaper available, I figured it would be best to buy a couple of each to see what works. So I went to https://www.nickisdiapers.com/ and bought two of the sampler packages. Then, after that I decided to buy some additional AIO's, prefolds, snappis and diaper covers. After the end of my CD buy, I think I spent about $300 and I'm having some buyers remorse. I need someone to tell me that this is okay, and this is normal when CD to shell out money in the beginning for this to make sense in the long run. But...I still feel that "ahh, what have I done." 

Re: CD Guilty Splurge...someone make me feel better!

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    CDing is addicting.  I have more then I need but always say I can use them for the next baby.  I just bought 12 NB cds.  I'd say it gets better but I don't think it ever does.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't consider diapers a splurge. The kids have to poop in something. It does feel weird to spend it all at once, but it will feel GREAT to not have to buy disposables every week. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CDs have a very good resale value so if you change your mind in the future, you can always sell them to recoup much of the cost. Don't worry about it!!
  • Options
    I feel your pain. DH flat out told me the other day that I'm "not allowed to buy any more diapers!" He was half joking (he isn't going to seriously tell me what I am or am not allowed to do but I understand his point- I have an addiction and need to stop! lol)

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options

I think we all get the fluff shopping habit. A friend is letting me use 24 BGs in addition to the 36 I already have. There is zero reason I should buy more daytime diapers, but I still get the urge to! The only thing I still might possibly need to shop for is some more fitteds and covers for nights-- I've only got 8 fitteds and 5 covers for 2 girls.

I tell myself that it's worth it if I can sell them after, especially if I've shopped smart and gotten good deals on them in the first place. I bought some of my NB stash so cheaply thanks to deal sites that I've been able to sell them for what I paid, essentially getting to use them during the NB days for free!

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can now spend $50 on one diaper and not blink an eye. I think you're good.
  • Options

imagepixy_stix:

Knowing this also makes me feel better. I have not spent about $25 for a diaper and don't plan to ever do so. I also ONLY buy them when they are on sale.

• Options

I am totally, shamefully addicted to the cloth b/s/t FB board. I stalk it. And my paypal account is paying the price...

I'm just hoping that I get home today before hubby does so that I can intercept all the packages that are arriving in the mail today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepixy_stix:
    I hear ya.

I just bought one for $30 and all I could think was "what a bargain". 

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

imageleapgirl8:
    I don't consider diapers a splurge. The kids have to poop in something. It does feel weird to spend it all at once, but it will feel GREAT to not have to buy disposables every week. 

It DOES feel great!! I have "enough" diapers right now but I definitely want more and I think it's justified bc we want one more kid and if I have a large stash to rotate, my diapers will stay in better condition and I will be able to use them for our next baby and then resell them for a decent price.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"