June 2011 Moms
Options

Teething. Wants a paci. Yay or nay?

Hannah stopped taking a paci around 4 months. Recently, last 2 months she has wanted it again. We had one mixed in with her toys and she just popped it in one day. She cut her first tooth a few weeks later. I think she has another coming and she has wanted the paci badly the last few days. She takes it to bed at night....doesn't suck on it though, just holds it in her hand. 

Is it bad to let her have it if it makes her more comfortable? I have given her cold/frozen things to chew on, teething tablets and Tylenol, but really her paci seems to help more than anything. 

Re: Teething. Wants a paci. Yay or nay?

• Options
    I say yay. A paci is the only thing that calms my lo when he is teething too. Poor  babies. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS has been doing this, too.  I hand him one when we get in the car and he holds onto it like a blankie. Occasionally, he will pop it into his mouth.

At this stage and age, I'm in the camp of "If it's not a problem to you, it's not a problem at all." 

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member
    My LO has never taken to a paci but when she's teething she'll chew on it.  It's the only. "teething" thing she'll use.  I don't worry about it.  They are too young for pacis to do any damage even if they use it all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Avery never took a paci. When I weaned her at 9.5 months suddenly she started taking one. At first it was just something she found and was curious about. Now she's completely addicted! She needs it to go to sleep and if she sees one she cries for it until she gets it. I keep telling her I'm sending her to pacifiers anonymous. This addiction just suddenly sprung up. So, while I think they're good for soothing, at this age they just get more and more attached to things like that. I don't think it's a bad thing once in a while, just watch out she doesn't become very attached. We're trying to wean now because I know it's just going to get worse as she gets older.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I say yay. Em has never taken a paci, but when she is teething, she steals other kids' at DC and chews on them until someone catches her.  Sometimes she just carries it in her mouth with the handle part in her mouth. Weird, but I guess it's soothing.

• Options

imagekas80:
    My LO has never taken to a paci but when she's teething she'll chew on it.  It's the only. "teething" thing she'll use.  I don't worry about it.  They are too young for pacis to do any damage even if they use it all the time.

My LO started as well. It's nothing she needs all the time, just when she is uncomfortable, so I don't mind giving it to her.

• Options
    cvl105cvl105 member
    I say Yay. Whatever works to help her be comfortable and sleep. Callie still uses a paci at night and for naps.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    HallilHallil member

imagecvl105:
    I say Yay. Whatever works to help her be comfortable and sleep. Callie still uses a paci at night and for naps.

Same here!

• Options
    imageHallil:

imagecvl105:

Same here!

Here too. I think it's cute she just wants to hold onto it sometimes! We all have something that gives us comfort... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"