New York Babies
Options

water birth place???? help!

NinaBeana87NinaBeana87 member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies

Hi!

I am having a very hard time finding a hospital that has birthing tubs. I would like to be in a "hospital setting" but have the tub there to labor/deliver in. I've called the handful of hospitals in my area, and even multiple ran a searches through google but can't find anything.

The closest I found was that St Luke's in Newburgh "has tubs" but I can't get anymore info from that, and I don't know what extent they are allowed for use.

I'm about 20 minutes from everywhere:middletown, goshen, newburgh, rock hill, etc. I was planning on Warwick until I called and they said 'it's not a recommended practice" and they don't have any.

Any advice would be great. Thanks! 

Re: water birth place???? help!

• Options
    Sorry I don't know your area too well. I delivered at a wonderful birthing center in Rhinebeck. It had the option of water births but I just spent most of labor in the shower. I liked that it was a birthing center but next to the hospital in case of complications. If I were you I'd maybe try looking for birthing centers if you're comfortable with that or try contacting a local doula to see if she knows of any local places. I imagine Rhinebeck would be too far to travel for you. Have you talked to your OB about this? S/he might have some recommendations too. Good luck!
    Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Putnam Hospital in Carmel has birthing jacuzzis. There very pro water birth. Just have to make sure your MD is affiliated with that hospital. You live far away so prob not
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you! I actually found out that Hudson Valley Hospital,(which is about an hour away from me, but "do-able" according to a local doula) that EACH room has a jacuzzi tub!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"