3rd Trimester
Options

I'm sick of people telling me to drink more water.....

I told my sister about my night last night (lots of timeable contractions- 3 hours of contractions that were exactly 4 minutes apart and were uncomfortable) and her first response is that I am obviously not drinking enough water.  Like that is why I was having contractions, not because I am full term and already (according to OB) dialating, softening, effacing, etc.

I drink a ton of water.  I keep cups on each sink in my apartment (3 sinks lol) so that every time I go into the kitchen or bathroom I am reminded to drink water, and I do.  I drink water with lunch, I drink 2-3 big glasses with dinner, I chose water to drink whenever I am feeling thirsty, I even drink a glass of water every time I get up to go to the bathroom in the night.  I also drink a lot of other things, like lemonade, and eat popsicles, which are water-based, and eat fruits that are high in water, like watermelon. 

Is it not possible that the reason I am having contractions is because I am 9 months pregnant and going into labor?  Jeez!!!    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm sick of people telling me to drink more water.....

• Options

"Is it not possible that the reason I am having contractions is because I am 9 months pregnant and going into labor?  Jeez!!!"

This made me giggle! 

• Options
    You know what would help a lot?  Drink more water! Wink
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    trojastrojas member

imageKristinKWashington:
    You know what would help a lot?  Drink more water! Wink

Lol. 

• Options
    Lol. That is a great idea to have cups by each sink! Good luck getting people off your back, it sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOL, I just don't think every solution to every pregnancy woe is to drink more water and put your feet up.  I think that towards the end of pregnancy, the best solution to pregnancy woes is labor!!
  • Options

imageDavesgrl2011:
    LOL, I just don't think every solution to every pregnancy woe is to drink more water and put your feet up.  I think that towards the end of pregnancy, the best solution to pregnancy woes is labor!!

Agreed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imageDavesgrl2011:

True dat!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That seems to have been everyone's answer for me the whole way through this pregnancy :p

Cramps? Drink water. Swelling? Drink water? Constipation? Water. Water water water.

Growing up my mother would accuse all our ailments of being from either the low pressure system going through (huh?) or that we were "just over-tired." I feel like I'm 10 again :p 

• Options

imageDavesgrl2011:

Yes

• Options
    drink more water!
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I am so sick of hearing this too! I went into preterm labor last Friday and at the hospital the doctor on call told me it was probably because I was just dehydrated. I told him that I had already consumed almost 4 liters(!) of water by the time I got to the hospital at 3pm. He had no real response to that. There is no way it was dehydration! Annoying that it seems like everyone's excuse for contractions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"