Baby Showers

Is 26 weeks along too early?

My friends and mom/sisters are throwing me a shower. My friends started the process and July 14th is really the only weekend that will work for most people. I will be only (almost) 26 weeks along. I feel like people will think that we're crazy for having it that early.

Opinions? TIA!

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot

Re: Is 26 weeks along too early?

• That's not too early at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelRC117:
    I think its pretty much whatever works for people.  I had mine at 29 weeks when my sister was in town from California, and I thought that was early. Well, none of the items I received have been assembled, washing, taken out of the box etc and I'm 32 weeks.  I'm sure I'll get around to it...I think...eventually.  I'd rather have more time than less time.  Just think, it also gives you time to wait for sales on things you didn't receive for your shower.  In my case my crib set went on sale this week, which works out great to be able to return the duplicates and put it towards the crib set!

See I'm a total freak about that stuff. I will probably have all the stuff opened, washed, and put away as much as possible before the end of the weekend, haha. That being said, I also am having 2 more showers... one in Aug and one in Sept. So I will be 7 and 8 months along by the time those roll around.... SO I guess it's good they're spread out.

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Nope, mine was at 28 weeks. I think its just fine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 26 weeks at my work shower, and I'll be 28 weeks at my shower this weekend. I think it's just fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I wish mine was now!! Ther is so much going on this summer as far as milestone birthdays and graduations that mine is going to be in August when I am 36 weeks! I am so nervous I may have the baby soon after that and that nothing will be done. Is that too late?
  • Not too early. I threw my friend a shower in late March, baby wasn't due until Mid June. Guess who was put on bedrest in early May and had a baby last week?  Her other 2 showers (co-workers and family) were both cancelled because she was already on bedrest.
  • imagelaurenfry:
    I wish mine was now!! Ther is so much going on this summer as far as milestone birthdays and graduations that mine is going to be in August when I am 36 weeks! I am so nervous I may have the baby soon after that and that nothing will be done. Is that too late?

yea, mine is on july 15th i will be 37 weeks... Im totoally getting anxious! i have 5ish weeks till shower and 8ish weeks till hes here. I really wana start buying stuff (still haven't ordered the crib, dresser and changing table for his room!) but I also feel like i should wait till the shower... so anxious!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imagebsschroeder:

imagelaurenfry:
    I wish mine was now!! Ther is so much going on this summer as far as milestone birthdays and graduations that mine is going to be in August when I am 36 weeks! I am so nervous I may have the baby soon after that and that nothing will be done. Is that too late?

yea, mine is on july 15th i will be 37 weeks... Im totoally getting anxious! i have 5ish weeks till shower and 8ish weeks till hes here. I really wana start buying stuff (still haven't ordered the crib, dresser and changing table for his room!) but I also feel like i should wait till the shower... so anxious!

OK at least I know I am not alone!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"