3rd Trimester

how will you spend your last week/weeks before your due date?

Today was my last day of work, yay! (I'm a teacher)  I'm due in one week, and now I am thinking, what am I going to do in the days before I have my baby?  I am usually a highly energetic person, even while pregnant, but now I find myself just wanting to lay around because I've been so tired.  I feel like that is such a waste though...like maybe I should be cleaning or at least going out and doing something fun while I can.  What do you plan to do?

Re: how will you spend your last week/weeks before your due date?

• I have four weeks left. I am still working. But if I ws u I would read a book, relax. U never will again
  • Working (work from home), entertaining the toddler with Kindermusik, park, playdates, etc., the usual stuff.

If you have the ability to R&R the days away I suggest you take full advantage of it.  I wish I could.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried to work all the way til the end, but my back freaked out and I ended up calling in sick my last day. 

Im getting a pedicure for my birthday tomorrow (Thank you, dh)

Ive been walking every night. 

Finishing my pregnancy scrapbook and window shopping for Christmas for LO (yes Im a freak but Im bored.) 

• If I weren't working and I didn't already have a LO, I would sleep. Read books. Go out to eat. Enjoy not being responsible for anyone else.
  • i plan to work until i pop or at least until the very end of july (im due 8/8)... until then im trying to get the house ready, nap, take a lot of walks, and save some extra money so that i dont have to worry during my maternity leave.

im so excited, i would be ready for my baby if she was due today... i cant wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm due on Saturday, so tonight we are going to see a movie. If I don't go into labor this weekend we are going on a mini camping trip about 15 minutes from home to get away from FIL who moved himself into our house two months ago and follows us everywhere. My only plan is to have ALONE time with DH.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a teacher too and i have spent the last week enjoying days without a schedule. I wake up when I want, I have napped every day, I have read books, took baths, watch my favorite shows, met friends for lunch and have gone out with my husband every night (last night we just walked the mall for an hour!) 

I have been trying to enjoy every second before my life changes... for the better, of course! :) 

• Last Thursday was my last work day (I'm a teacher too) and I've been relaxing, napping, and leaving the house as little as possible. I go to Dr appts and on quick errands, but otherwise I'm being as lazy as possible. I won't have time like this again, and I'm taking full advantage!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Another teacher, my last day is next friday. I plan on reading a few books, cleaning up around the house and lounging in the pool for the next 3-5 weeks!!!

• You should rest, not only because you won't get to anymore, but because labor/delivery is tough work that wipes you out mentally, emotionally, and physically. If you have the ability to give your body and mind some good rest now, you will be better off for it later. And after you have your baby, you won't feel guilty about spending these days being a little lazy! You'll be glad you did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The past few weeks have been really busy for us for completely non baby-related reasons. I was grateful for that because I think that that's kept me from getting too anxious. We still have a few events coming up here and there, but mostly things have slowed down. I've been doing some cleaning (not in the nesting sense, but because we were so busy the apartment just got to a pretty bad state), so that's helped a little. When I finish, though, I'm not sure what I'll be doing! I would really love to have something going on so as not to stress too much about everything coming up...
  • My last day was last Friday, so for the next 5 weeks I plan on finishing organizing the baby's room, sleeping in, cleaning, meeting friends for lunch and lounging by the pool! Also, spending as much quality time with DH as I can.
  • Working my butt off to hopefully finish up a few projects before I am out for three months...

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• I don't have advice on how to spend your time because what people choose to do for leisure is such a personal choice and so dependent on what you still need to do to prepare for baby and what you feel up to BUT I just needed to chime in and say that I hate when people say things like "relax and read because you never will again". That is so discouraging and annoying and not even true. I have a 3 year old but she is very independent, she does sleep and I have a very supportive husband. I certainly read, relax and have hobbies and interests of my own. Please don't listen to those comments.
  • Mainly chasing around my 20 month old and spending as much time with her as I can....  Also, I am no where ready for this litttle guy.  I have to finish his room and buy all the things needed.  You would think that we would have everything but, there is a lot still on our list.   I too say if you can SLEEP and relax do so!!!!
  • Anika11Anika11 member

If I didn't have other children: I'd shop (I love browsing), go out to dinner a couple times, see a movie, do some light yard work, and just rest.  

I got a pedi today and I plan to use a personal day next week when my kids are in daycare to just run a bunch of errands that are easier done without children. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I figure I'll spend my time sprawled out on the couch, making loving googly eyes at my air conditioner, and trying to sleep. If I get eager to move things along I'll probably take some long walks. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • My due date is tomorrow which is also my birthday! I am still working full time and if baby doesn't come by Tuesday, I may make that day my last day. I have spent the past fewcweeks working and going laundry, nesting, etc. It's flying by!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • imageLoveBug0516:
    My due date is tomorrow which is also my birthday! I am still working full time and if baby doesn't come by Tuesday, I may make that day my last day. I have spent the past fewcweeks working and going laundry, nesting, etc. It's flying by!

My due date is my birthday too 6/2!  

• Yay, congrats!  Not quite 3rd tri yet here... but I'm getting there!  Smile  Another teacher, but I have another week left to work still.  I plan on having a fun filled summer with my one-year-old DD before we rock her world and bring another baby home!  I say enjoy yourself, do whatever it is you need to do to feel ready/relaxed... and enjoy the last few moments of pregnancy!  I would at least try to be a little active, as it will be helpful when you go into labor.
  • I'm working up until my Due date.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I would personally try to relax & rest as much as possible, make sure nursery is ready, pre-plan meals for the weeks to come, take care of any loose ends you might not have time/think to take care of the 1st week or so.

Anniversary
  • I want to clean, but my Doctor told me yesterday that I need to take it easy because of my BP issues. I'm going to wrap things up (pack the hospital bags, wash the last load of baby clothes, install the car seats). The rest of the time I'll be relaxing.
  • I will spend them working.  There is nothing worse that I can think of, then sitting at home waiting to go into labor.  Work keeps me busy and my mind off things, so I'll work up until birth again for a third time.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"